Newsmaker: Tracey McCants Lewis
Noteworthy: The Pennsylvania Supreme Court appointed Lewis to its 13-member Disciplinary Board to a term ending in November 2015. Her first meeting as a member is next month.
Family: Husband, Khalif Ali; daughter, Dajia Ali, 18; and son, Marcelius Lewis, 16
Occupation: She is an assistant professor and assistant director of the Clinical Legal Education program at Duquesne University School of Law, where she focuses her scholarship on critical race theory, feminist legal theory and the application of legal storytelling in clinical legal education.
Background: A member of the Pennsylvania State Bar, McCants Lewis formerly practiced law as an associate with K&L Gates, Downtown, and served as a law clerk for state Supreme Court Justice Max Baer of Mt. Lebanon.
Education: Bachelor's degree from Gannon University and a law degree from Duquesne
Quote: “It is a great honor to me to serve on a board that ensures that the residents of the Commonwealth have access to competent, ethical legal services and that attorneys are providing quality service to their clients, to the bench and to the bar.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- 6 cited for trespassing on UPMC property at union rally
- Giant Eagle provides assistance to fight proposed Wal-Mart in McCandless
- Peduto says city dropped UPMC lawsuit to help nonprofit payment talks
- Most back Holy Family’s plan to house children who crossed border
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Corbett christens $960K bus shelter, bicycle station in Robinson
- Detour on Bower Hill Road to end Friday
- McCandless OKs land development plan for potential Wal-Mart
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Peduto offers ray of light to understaffed Pittsburgh building bureau