Newsmaker: Tracey McCants Lewis
Noteworthy: The Pennsylvania Supreme Court appointed Lewis to its 13-member Disciplinary Board to a term ending in November 2015. Her first meeting as a member is next month.
Family: Husband, Khalif Ali; daughter, Dajia Ali, 18; and son, Marcelius Lewis, 16
Occupation: She is an assistant professor and assistant director of the Clinical Legal Education program at Duquesne University School of Law, where she focuses her scholarship on critical race theory, feminist legal theory and the application of legal storytelling in clinical legal education.
Background: A member of the Pennsylvania State Bar, McCants Lewis formerly practiced law as an associate with K&L Gates, Downtown, and served as a law clerk for state Supreme Court Justice Max Baer of Mt. Lebanon.
Education: Bachelor's degree from Gannon University and a law degree from Duquesne
Quote: “It is a great honor to me to serve on a board that ensures that the residents of the Commonwealth have access to competent, ethical legal services and that attorneys are providing quality service to their clients, to the bench and to the bar.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Film Office announces two Downtown road closures Monday
- Port Authority steps closer to linking Oakland and Downtown, makes switch from Highmark to Aetna
- Howard Hanna family donates $1M for business student scholarships at University of Pittsburgh
- Rail maintenance in Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel to cause bus detours Saturday morning
- PennDOT warns of delays next week on Butler Street near Highland Park Bridge
- Bridge work to close Cliff Mine Road this weekend
- Newsmaker: Stephen J. Bagnato Jr.
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest