CEC to inspect poles linked to Saxonburg substation
PARKER — As part of Central Electric Cooperative's ongoing effort to improve system reliability, contracted pole inspection crews will inspect poles on circuits originating from Saxonburg substation in Butler County. CEC inspected more than 800 poles last month on circuits out of the Cowansville substation.
CEC's contractor, Osmose Utilities Services, will begin work on Monday. CEC members and others with electric poles on their property may see these inspections being conducted. Inspections include a visual inspection, sounding of the pole with a hammer and excavation up to 18 inches around the base of the pole. Poles identified as having issues will either be addressed in the field by Osmose, or by CEC personnel at a later time. All Osmose representatives and CEC employees carry company-issued identification.
CEC respects property owners' rights and will complete the work required as quickly and professionally as possible.
The project will last several months. CEC will give additional notice when the project is complete. If anyone has any questions or comments, they are asked to contact CEC's Matt Alderson, manager of operations and safety, at 800-521-0570 ext. 2206.
Find out more by visiting www.central.coop.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Group’s proposed fracking moratorium for Allegheny County parks to go on council agenda
- Millions in pollution fines went unused for decades in Allegheny County
- Growth spurs expanded staff at Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Apartment development outlined for former Schenley High School in Pittsburgh
- Rare surgery helps woman beat paralysis
- Suspect in Route 28 death has long history of ignoring vehicle registration, license laws, records show
- Newsmaker: Daniel Eichinger
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Dinners, other Thanksgiving events planned in region
- Girl, 12, rescues 4-year-old sister from burning house in Homestead