Newsmaker: Stephanie Neary
Noteworthy: Neary's mixed media image “A Childhood in Hats” won best of show in Pittsburgh's 14th ARTWorks competition sponsored by the National Arts Program Foundation and the city's Department of Parks and Recreation. The program was open to city employees and their families.
Background: Neary works in the Department of Parks and Recreation's Special Community Enrichment Program, which provides after-school programs in needy neighborhoods and a mentoring program in several public schools.
Education: She is a graduate of the Pittsburgh Art Institute with a degree in graphics design.
Quote: “I make my work to create smiles through visual art. I am honored to have won Best of Show in this year's National Arts Program show.”
— Bob Bauder
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police say ‘person of interest’ in Andre Gray shooting has not been charged
- Jury acquits man accused of 2005 murder in Braddock
- Judge dismisses group’s lawsuit against Neville Island coke plant
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Washington County school superintendent charged with DUI gets probation
- Edgeworth man pleads guilty in bank fraud conspiracy
- Lawrence County father, son charged with running illegal video gambling machines
- Outbound lanes of Fort Pitt Tunnel close Friday for the weekend
- Roberto Clemente Bridge closes for construction of bike lanes
- North Fayette company changes defendants in Antonio Brown endorsement lawsuit
- Homewood man on run since December found hiding at girlfriend’s apartment