Suspect in Magee baby-snatching moved to jail
A woman accused of stealing a newborn from an Oakland hospital was transferred from a psychiatric hospital to the Allegheny County Jail to await a new court date, her lawyer said Monday.
Breona Moore, 20, of the Hill District is scheduled for a preliminary hearing June 7 on charges of concealing the whereabouts of a child, kidnapping, reckless endangerment and interfering with the custody of a child in connection with the Aug. 23 incident. Police said she pretended to be a nurse and took the infant from Magee-Womens Hospital in a bag. Police found her and the child unharmed Downtown a few hours later.
Officials delayed her court case while Moore received treatment at Torrance State Hospital. She was moved to the jail a few weeks ago, attorney Blaine Jones said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- PennDOT to install art murals along Route 28
- First overnight closure of the Parkway West begins Thursday
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Advocacy groups call for closer scrutiny of charter schools
- Spokesman for India’s PM tells Pitt audience of pro-business agenda
- $5M Penn Avenue reconstruction project is ‘killing everything’
- Controller calls off subpoena for Allegheny County vehicle inventory
- Peduto hails proposal for federal money to boost education for preschoolers
- Hotel still a possibility for August Wilson Center
- Western Pa. towns eye fees to control stormwater runoff