Suspect in Magee baby-snatching moved to jail
A woman accused of stealing a newborn from an Oakland hospital was transferred from a psychiatric hospital to the Allegheny County Jail to await a new court date, her lawyer said Monday.
Breona Moore, 20, of the Hill District is scheduled for a preliminary hearing June 7 on charges of concealing the whereabouts of a child, kidnapping, reckless endangerment and interfering with the custody of a child in connection with the Aug. 23 incident. Police said she pretended to be a nurse and took the infant from Magee-Womens Hospital in a bag. Police found her and the child unharmed Downtown a few hours later.
Officials delayed her court case while Moore received treatment at Torrance State Hospital. She was moved to the jail a few weeks ago, attorney Blaine Jones said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Revenue from special Pennsylvania Monuments license plates to help maintain monuments at Gettysburg
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks up there with world’s best
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millenials
- White House threat sparks call for wider immigration debate
- August Wilson Center’s financial woes leave little guys in a lurch
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy