Suspect in Magee baby-snatching moved to jail
A woman accused of stealing a newborn from an Oakland hospital was transferred from a psychiatric hospital to the Allegheny County Jail to await a new court date, her lawyer said Monday.
Breona Moore, 20, of the Hill District is scheduled for a preliminary hearing June 7 on charges of concealing the whereabouts of a child, kidnapping, reckless endangerment and interfering with the custody of a child in connection with the Aug. 23 incident. Police said she pretended to be a nurse and took the infant from Magee-Womens Hospital in a bag. Police found her and the child unharmed Downtown a few hours later.
Officials delayed her court case while Moore received treatment at Torrance State Hospital. She was moved to the jail a few weeks ago, attorney Blaine Jones said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- La Scuola d’Italia Galileo Galilei touts Pittsburgh’s Italian heritage
- Closures planned for Parkway West
- Bookings for August Wilson Center climb, but permanent board yet to be set
- Film shares tale of Pittsburgh man who turned disability into career
- Allegheny County Council aims to dig out of hole
- Count of Three Rivers Regatta visitors could top 500K despite race ban
- Carnegie man sought after hammer attack, police say
- Fatal crash under investigation in Baden
- Newsmaker: Lauren Bailey
- Court attire can have impact, public defenders say