Suspect in Magee baby-snatching moved to jail
A woman accused of stealing a newborn from an Oakland hospital was transferred from a psychiatric hospital to the Allegheny County Jail to await a new court date, her lawyer said Monday.
Breona Moore, 20, of the Hill District is scheduled for a preliminary hearing June 7 on charges of concealing the whereabouts of a child, kidnapping, reckless endangerment and interfering with the custody of a child in connection with the Aug. 23 incident. Police said she pretended to be a nurse and took the infant from Magee-Womens Hospital in a bag. Police found her and the child unharmed Downtown a few hours later.
Officials delayed her court case while Moore received treatment at Torrance State Hospital. She was moved to the jail a few weeks ago, attorney Blaine Jones said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Prosecutor in Ferrante cyanide trial attacked; partner charged with assault
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Judge expected to sign sale order for August Wilson Center for African American Culture
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Savvy Service Employees International Union ‘keeps light on’
- Pittsburgh VA director gets more time to appeal firing recommendation
- Newsmaker: Susana J. Munro