Suspect in Magee baby-snatching moved to jail
A woman accused of stealing a newborn from an Oakland hospital was transferred from a psychiatric hospital to the Allegheny County Jail to await a new court date, her lawyer said Monday.
Breona Moore, 20, of the Hill District is scheduled for a preliminary hearing June 7 on charges of concealing the whereabouts of a child, kidnapping, reckless endangerment and interfering with the custody of a child in connection with the Aug. 23 incident. Police said she pretended to be a nurse and took the infant from Magee-Womens Hospital in a bag. Police found her and the child unharmed Downtown a few hours later.
Officials delayed her court case while Moore received treatment at Torrance State Hospital. She was moved to the jail a few weeks ago, attorney Blaine Jones said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rising East Liberty out of reach for Pittsburgh’s poor
- Water main break floods Baldwin basements
- Bill seeks to give Pittsburgh police license plate info
- Tablets for Allegheny County Jail inmates deemed a success
- Beating victim from McKees Rocks recalled as skilled family man
- Western Pa.’s ties to 2016 White House race extend beyond Santorum
- Child falls through window in Marshall-Shadeland, taken to Children’s
- Filing in Scaife case challenges subpoena request by his children
- $1B rapid bridge replacement across Pa. aims for savings, safety
- Newsmaker: Kathryn Jolley
- Path to authenticity led North Side pastor to God