Newsmaker: Una Japundza
Noteworthy: Will receive Robert Morris University's Presidential Transformation Award, the highest undergraduate honor at the school, during May 11 commencement exercises. The award is given annually to a graduating student who has been transformed by his or her experience at Robert Morris and also has contributed to the transformation of the university.
Residence: Rovinj, Croatia
Background: She transferred to Robert Morris in 2010 from the University of North Carolina, Asheville, and plays volleyball for the Colonials. Education: Japundza is a graduate of Zvane Crnja High School in Rovinj and a business management major at Robert Morris. She plans to complete work on a master of business administration degree before returning to Croatia.
Quote: “I want to leave every place where life takes me better than I found it and this award gives me motivation to continue doing that — to continue getting better, surrounding myself with great people, learning from others and hopefully making an impact.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Transportation challenges rife as Pittsburgh focuses on making fixes
- Boy, 17, shot in Marshall-Shadeland
- Montour Trail gets needed updates
- Eastbound Parkway West to reopen Sunday morning
- Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
- Transportation funding uncertainty impacts planning for Western Pa.
- Teachers union advises lawyers for colleagues of Plum pair investigated on sex charges
- Police confiscated cellphone of driver who struck 7-year-old girl Thursday
- Sto-Rox teachers union upset about possibility of Propel charter school opening in district building
- Newsmaker: Derek Wesley
- Wife of former Rankin judge who lost pension contends she’s owed half