Newsmaker: Zachary Zeigler
Noteworthy: Zeigler received the 2013 Eugene P. Beard Award for Leadership in Ethics, an award that's given to a Duquesne University student and one faculty member each year who “exemplify the university's commitment to moral and spiritual values,” according to school officials.
Family: Father, Jim; mother, Sheila; brother, Jake
Education: Portersville Christian School, class of 2009. Zeigler will graduate from Duquesne University this month with a bachelor's degree in information systems management and accounting.
Background: Zeigler joined Duquesne's student government soon after starting classes at the university. He was elected student body president as a sophomore and was unopposed in running for a second term in his junior year. In student government, he said, he enjoyed helping campus groups realize their missions and serve the community, and he helped mentor students through a “future leaders” program.
Quote: “It always makes me so happy to talk (with the other students), click with them and watch them start to grow and take leadership roles in their organizations.”
— Matthew Santoni
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto: Public has stake in Penguins
- Belle Vernon woman visits ship like lander she helped build as WWII welder
- Embezzled $14.8M could cause woes for North Side firm Matthews International
- Pittsburgh Zoo staff caring for African lion suffering from seizure condition
- Gas cost, construction barrels coming down for Labor Day travelers
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- 11 inmate deaths mar contract talks, says Allegheny County Jail’s former medical care provider, Corizon Health
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
- Sto-Rox High School announces early dismissal because of heat
- 1 killed, another injured in early-morning Clairton shooting