Newsmaker: Zachary Zeigler
Noteworthy: Zeigler received the 2013 Eugene P. Beard Award for Leadership in Ethics, an award that's given to a Duquesne University student and one faculty member each year who “exemplify the university's commitment to moral and spiritual values,” according to school officials.
Family: Father, Jim; mother, Sheila; brother, Jake
Education: Portersville Christian School, class of 2009. Zeigler will graduate from Duquesne University this month with a bachelor's degree in information systems management and accounting.
Background: Zeigler joined Duquesne's student government soon after starting classes at the university. He was elected student body president as a sophomore and was unopposed in running for a second term in his junior year. In student government, he said, he enjoyed helping campus groups realize their missions and serve the community, and he helped mentor students through a “future leaders” program.
Quote: “It always makes me so happy to talk (with the other students), click with them and watch them start to grow and take leadership roles in their organizations.”
— Matthew Santoni
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Prosecutor in Ferrante cyanide trial attacked; partner charged with assault
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships