Newsmaker: Alexander Peric
Noteworthy: Peric was named an Accredited Airport Executive by the American Association of Airport Executives. Fewer than 10 percent of the association's 5,100 members are accredited. To receive the designation, he passed a 180-question, multiple-choice examination, fulfilled a writing requirement and underwent an interview with a panel of accredited airport executives.
Occupation: Business analyst, Allegheny County Airport Authority
Background: Peric has worked for the airport authority since 2010. He previously held business and operational management positions with the Cleveland Airport System, the City of Phoenix Aviation Department and Continental Airlines.
Education: Bachelor's degree in aviation management and private pilot license, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio; master's degree in labor relations and human resources, Cleveland State University
Quote: “The breadth of study material strengthened my knowledge base in multiple facets of airport management. It gives me a full understanding of what it takes to manage an airport.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Goodell defends league, dodges difficult questions
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Charge against ex-Steeler dropped after community service
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Propel Braddock school bans backpacks, to add metal detectors
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Overnight snow delaying schools in Western Pa.
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director