Newsmaker: Maj. Rob Bojarski
Noteworthy: The Army awarded Bojarski, an Army reservist, the Meritorious Service Medal for his work during a nine-month deployment to Kuwait with the 316th Expeditionary Sustainment Command out of Moon.
Family: Wife, Kerri, and sons Christian, 8, and Nathan, 3.
Occupation: Bojarski's civilian job is supervisory logistics management specialist for the 316th ESC. His military service is as a logistics officer for the command.
Education: Bojarski holds bachelor's degrees in business administration and political science from Washington & Jefferson College.
Background: During the 316th's deployment to Kuwait from June 2012 to March, Bojarski developed a joint logistics training program with the Kuwaiti National Guard that allowed both sides to share information on how they go about moving people and equipment in combat conditions. Bojarski said strengthening ties with Kuwaiti forces helps make the United States more secure.
Quote: “It would make it easier for us to function on a battlefield. It's a hostile region. It definitely benefits us to work with the Kuwaitis and develop that partnership with them.”
— Brian Bowling
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2014 has been among deadliest for the world’s airline industry
- Pittsburgh police officers reprimanded in Banksville restaurant robbery
- Residents, search panel refine sketch of Pittsburgh police chief
- Newsmaker: Charles H. “Chip” Dougherty Jr.
- Kaufman Foundation awards research grants to schools, including Pitt, CMU
- $24M water filter project at Aspinwall treatment plant nears kickoff
- Newsmakers: Miriam Klein, Amy Kerr
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Moon Area board reconfigures elementary buildings, votes again to close school and explore merging with Cornell
- Shenango asks judge to dismiss suit by environmental group
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion