Newsmaker: Lou Ann Jeremko
Lou Ann Jeremko
Noteworthy: The Susan G. Komen Foundation's Pittsburgh affiliate and PNC Financial Services will present Jeremko with PNC's 2013 Community Caring Award for her work directing cancer screening and cardiovascular initiatives throughout Pennsylvania.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Husband, Dave; two adult daughters, Amy and Stacy; and twin granddaughters, Bella and Gracie
Occupation: Director of statewide cancer services for Downtown-based Adagio Health Inc.
Background: Jeremko oversees the Komen Foundation Mammogram Voucher Program and the state Health Department's Healthy Women program. The Mammogram Voucher Program provides mammograms and diagnostic services to uninsured and underinsured women. Healthy Women offers free breast and cervical cancer screening.
Education: Bachelor's degree in women's studies and medical records administration from the University of Pittsburgh; master's degree in public health from Pitt
Quote: “I am honored and humbled by the recognition from two such great organizations, PNC and Komen Pittsburgh. As a result of the generosity of these organizations, I have the ability to help women all across Pennsylvania.”
— Bob Bauder
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Scaife additions to elevate status of two museums
- CCAC president looks to fill educational niche in burgeoning restaurant industry
- Knoxville man charged in high-speed chase through city
- Edgeworth man pleads guilty in bank fraud conspiracy
- School choice tax credit expansion bill touted
- Outbound lanes of Fort Pitt Tunnel close Friday for the weekend
- O’Hara ALS awareness advocate dies at 49
- Penn Hills teen killed in Monroeville was ‘always down to Earth,’ friend says