Newsmaker: Lou Ann Jeremko
Published: Saturday, May 11, 2013, 7:23 p.m.
Lou Ann Jeremko
Noteworthy: The Susan G. Komen Foundation's Pittsburgh affiliate and PNC Financial Services will present Jeremko with PNC's 2013 Community Caring Award for her work directing cancer screening and cardiovascular initiatives throughout Pennsylvania.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Husband, Dave; two adult daughters, Amy and Stacy; and twin granddaughters, Bella and Gracie
Occupation: Director of statewide cancer services for Downtown-based Adagio Health Inc.
Background: Jeremko oversees the Komen Foundation Mammogram Voucher Program and the state Health Department's Healthy Women program. The Mammogram Voucher Program provides mammograms and diagnostic services to uninsured and underinsured women. Healthy Women offers free breast and cervical cancer screening.
Education: Bachelor's degree in women's studies and medical records administration from the University of Pittsburgh; master's degree in public health from Pitt
Quote: “I am honored and humbled by the recognition from two such great organizations, PNC and Komen Pittsburgh. As a result of the generosity of these organizations, I have the ability to help women all across Pennsylvania.”
— Bob Bauder
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Side market’s ‘good run’ comes to end
- Smaller transit service funds intact under new Pa. transportation plan
- Pittsburgh Foundation’s Wishbook features 48 nonprofits
- Drug company buys Duquesne prof’s cancer research
- Energy drinks, alcohol don’t mix, study finds
- Century after 1st gas station, alternative fuel options increase for Western Pa. drivers
- Newsmaker: Kacey Marra
- Afghanistan troubles remain, diplomat says
- Allegheny County District Attorney’s budget bump to fund employee pay raises
- Sandy Hook 911 calls fuel sensitivity debate
- Nonprofits’ fiscal issues investigated by state Attorney General Kane