Newsmaker: Lou Ann Jeremko
Lou Ann Jeremko
Noteworthy: The Susan G. Komen Foundation's Pittsburgh affiliate and PNC Financial Services will present Jeremko with PNC's 2013 Community Caring Award for her work directing cancer screening and cardiovascular initiatives throughout Pennsylvania.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Husband, Dave; two adult daughters, Amy and Stacy; and twin granddaughters, Bella and Gracie
Occupation: Director of statewide cancer services for Downtown-based Adagio Health Inc.
Background: Jeremko oversees the Komen Foundation Mammogram Voucher Program and the state Health Department's Healthy Women program. The Mammogram Voucher Program provides mammograms and diagnostic services to uninsured and underinsured women. Healthy Women offers free breast and cervical cancer screening.
Education: Bachelor's degree in women's studies and medical records administration from the University of Pittsburgh; master's degree in public health from Pitt
Quote: “I am honored and humbled by the recognition from two such great organizations, PNC and Komen Pittsburgh. As a result of the generosity of these organizations, I have the ability to help women all across Pennsylvania.”
— Bob Bauder
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Animal activists targeting Vick at Steelers preseason game
- Woman commits suicide in North Braddock police holding cell
- Food assistance rises in Western Pa. despite drop in jobless rate
- Risks don’t get any better as online dating prospers
- Pope Francis calls for abortion mercy
- Pittsburgh poised to settle lawsuits from deadly flash flood in 2011
- Pittsburgh councilwoman introduces pair of bills to protect animals
- Judge allows conspiracy lawsuit against UPMC, Highmark to proceed
- Newsmaker: Bob Gilbert
- Gunfire wounds man near Riverview Park
- 2 Brentwood council members keep positions, council approves third resignation