Newsmaker: Dr. Ian Pollack
Noteworthy: Pollack was selected as chairman of the editorial board of the Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics. He has been a member of the editorial board for the past 11 years. In his role as chairman, he will review articles submitted for publication and read the reviews of other members of the board to select the top submissions for publication.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Wife, Connie; sons, Benjamin, 27, and Andrew, 25
Occupation: Chief of pediatric neurosurgery at Children's Hospital; professor of neurological surgery and vice-chairman of academic affairs in the Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh; co-director of the University of Pittsburgh cancer institute brain tumor program.
Education: Johns Hopkins medical school, 1984; Emory University, bachelor's degree in chemistry, 1980.
Quote: “It's the premiere neurosurgical journal in North America. It has an important mission in education and advancing the field.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Newsmaker: Terri Liberto
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Savvy Service Employees International Union ‘keeps light on’