Newsmaker: Dr. Ian Pollack
Noteworthy: Pollack was selected as chairman of the editorial board of the Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics. He has been a member of the editorial board for the past 11 years. In his role as chairman, he will review articles submitted for publication and read the reviews of other members of the board to select the top submissions for publication.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Wife, Connie; sons, Benjamin, 27, and Andrew, 25
Occupation: Chief of pediatric neurosurgery at Children's Hospital; professor of neurological surgery and vice-chairman of academic affairs in the Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh; co-director of the University of Pittsburgh cancer institute brain tumor program.
Education: Johns Hopkins medical school, 1984; Emory University, bachelor's degree in chemistry, 1980.
Quote: “It's the premiere neurosurgical journal in North America. It has an important mission in education and advancing the field.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Woman crashes car at Pittsburgh federal building after high-speed chase
- Pittsburgh is planning to add network of bike lanes through Oakland
- Public Utility Commission will consider fare hikes
- Fugitive arrested at Plum motel on drug, gun charges
- Newsmaker: Jesabel I. Rivera-Guerra
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Judge adds 2 years to sentence of Baldwin Borough man acquitted of murder
- 2 firefighters injured in Millvale house fire
- Thief’s attorney blames Rivers Casino; judge isn’t swayed
- Man shot several times in Allentown neighborhood