Memorial Day celebration?
Is your town planning a Memorial Day parade or other event? Communities can submit details for a list that will run on May 23 in the Trib's Neighborhoods section by Friday to Kim Leonard, assistant metro editor, at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Legally blind Pirates fan hangs on every play, has kept score for decades
- Amid tears, Oakmont church members vow to rebuild from fire
- Columbia Gas offering $10 discount on furnance clean, tune-up
- Teens charged after man stabbed in Karns City home invasion
- Teachers’ roles evolve as districts rely more on computers
- Former Pennsylvania civil rights investigator from Penn Hills sues agency, alleges discrimination
- Police identify Penn Hills man as victim in Homewood shooting
- Pitt professor’s UV technology destined for Mars in 2020
- Squirrel Hill pantry volunteer’s donation eases struggles for families
- Boulevard of the Allies lane closure begins
- Photo Gallery: Junior Great Race