Memorial Day celebration?
Is your town planning a Memorial Day parade or other event? Communities can submit details for a list that will run on May 23 in the Trib's Neighborhoods section by Friday to Kim Leonard, assistant metro editor, at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- With Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015
- PennDOT to begin changing Glenbury Street Friday, part of Route 51/ 88 intersection rehab
- Inspections will force Liberty Bridge lane closures on Friday
- Pittsburgh student jailed after striking school police officer
- Portion of Baum Boulevard closed after bricks fall from building
- DA: Fired Century III Mall manager stole $51K
- Pennsylvania constables need oversight to reduce problems, officials say
- U.S. Marshals arrest man wanted in fatal Penn Hills shooting
- EQT employee struck by 3 cars as he walked on Parkway East
- Thanks to $75K grant, startup to bring food to underserved in Pittsburgh