Woman alleges abduction, rape by ex-boyfriend in Overbrook
An Overbrook man is charged with sexually assaulting and threatening to kill a woman in his apartment.
Alex McGowan, 25, is being held in the Allegheny County Jail in connection with the events that happened over three days last month, Pittsburgh police said.
A woman told investigators she had a relationship with McGowan and was trying to get her belongings from the apartment when McGowan choked, punched and kicked her. He tortured her over three days, bound her and burned her with a lit cigarette, the woman told police.
She escaped through a window on April 24 and found help.
The Tribune-Review does not identify victims of alleged sexual assault.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- Weather continues to cause crashes, public transportation delays
- 100 without water in Baldwin Borough and Brentwood, repairs hampered by cold
- Loose barges on Monongahela River highlight woes of winter’s end
- Minority employment report: Diversified workforce lacking in Western Pa.
- Pittsburgh chess tournament likely to include pair of grandmasters
- Fired Plum officer won’t get job back
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Teacher conduct under spotlight in Pennsylvania
- Department of Education scrutinizes Point Park for response to sexual assault claims
- ‘Bus rapid transit’ link from Oakland to Downtown slow to actualize