Woman alleges abduction, rape by ex-boyfriend in Overbrook
An Overbrook man is charged with sexually assaulting and threatening to kill a woman in his apartment.
Alex McGowan, 25, is being held in the Allegheny County Jail in connection with the events that happened over three days last month, Pittsburgh police said.
A woman told investigators she had a relationship with McGowan and was trying to get her belongings from the apartment when McGowan choked, punched and kicked her. He tortured her over three days, bound her and burned her with a lit cigarette, the woman told police.
She escaped through a window on April 24 and found help.
The Tribune-Review does not identify victims of alleged sexual assault.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Group’s proposed fracking moratorium for Allegheny County parks to go on council agenda
- Millions in pollution fines went unused for decades in Allegheny County
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank adds chief financial officer Lutovsky
- Girl, 12, rescues 4-year-old sister from burning house in Homestead
- Rare surgery helps woman beat paralysis
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- Apartment development outlined for former Schenley High School in Pittsburgh
- Dinners, other Thanksgiving events planned in region
- Newsmaker: Daniel Eichinger
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site