Woman alleges abduction, rape by ex-boyfriend in Overbrook
An Overbrook man is charged with sexually assaulting and threatening to kill a woman in his apartment.
Alex McGowan, 25, is being held in the Allegheny County Jail in connection with the events that happened over three days last month, Pittsburgh police said.
A woman told investigators she had a relationship with McGowan and was trying to get her belongings from the apartment when McGowan choked, punched and kicked her. He tortured her over three days, bound her and burned her with a lit cigarette, the woman told police.
She escaped through a window on April 24 and found help.
The Tribune-Review does not identify victims of alleged sexual assault.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wintry mix of rain, freezing rain and snow bearing down on Pittsburgh area
- 2 arrested in Wilkinsburg shooting
- Woman, 77, dies in Monroeville house fire
- Propel school sends students home because of phone threat
- Psychiatrist: Man accused of setting Homestead fire not competent to stand trial
- Uber gains PUC approval to operate in most of Pa. for 2 years
- Medical examiner identifies man in Pleasant Hills police standoff as Justin Hay
- Steelers paying $1M to revive sculpture that graced former Manchester Bridge
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Beaver County man arrested in 24-year-old Clinton County cold case