Newsmaker: Andrew Steimer
Noteworthy: A captain with the Coraopolis-based 316th Expeditionary Sustainment Command, he received the Army Commendation Medal after deployment to Kuwait in 2012. The medal is awarded to soldiers who distinguish themselves through heroism, meritorious achievement or meritorious service.
Occupation: Supply manager
Background: Steimer did two tours of Iraq, 2006 and 2009, before being deployed to Kuwait in 2012 to help get equipment out of Iraq.
Education: Bachelor of arts, history, Penn State University, 2005.
Quote: “It was a real honor to be recognized for your service. The team that I was a part of worked really hard and I think it was a reflection of my team.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Deputies arrest couple, seize 45 bricks of heroin in Penn Hills
- 2 Georgia men charged in Pittsburgh jury duty scam
- Pittsburgh pair plans rare trip to Iran for American classical musicians
- 10,000 more plots for veterans planned at National Cemetery of Alleghenies
- Security agents discover handgun in man’s carry-on at Pittsburgh International Airport
- Now debt-free, August Wilson Center to offer bookings again
- Marshall-Shadeland man gets prison term for weapons charge
- Mock trial team from Florida university wins national competition in Pittsburgh
- Community College of Allegheny County puts $22M into building renovations at North Side campus
- Social media tip-offs missed in melee outside Monroeville Mall, security specialist says
- Teachers union advises lawyers for colleagues of Plum pair investigated on sex charges