Newsmaker: Andrew Steimer
Noteworthy: A captain with the Coraopolis-based 316th Expeditionary Sustainment Command, he received the Army Commendation Medal after deployment to Kuwait in 2012. The medal is awarded to soldiers who distinguish themselves through heroism, meritorious achievement or meritorious service.
Occupation: Supply manager
Background: Steimer did two tours of Iraq, 2006 and 2009, before being deployed to Kuwait in 2012 to help get equipment out of Iraq.
Education: Bachelor of arts, history, Penn State University, 2005.
Quote: “It was a real honor to be recognized for your service. The team that I was a part of worked really hard and I think it was a reflection of my team.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- University of Pittsburgh puts issue of Cosby’s honorary degree on agenda
- Advocates begin countdown to start of Pittsburgh’s sick leave law
- Western Pennsylvania population growth, in ‘exurban’ areas, bucks national trends
- Parents of Shaler girl fatally struck by suspected drunk driver will hold press conference
- Pizza delivery driver assaulted in Hill District
- Newsmaker: Elaine Luther
- Boy, 14, shot in shoulder in Sheraden
- Neighbor rescues woman from burning Penn Hills home
- Wilkinsburg minister raided for drugs and guns, charged with 18 felonies
- Animal Friends launches construction for 2-story wellness center
- Smaller nonprofits benefit as Allegheny RAD budget grows