PennDOT closures: Freeport Road tonight; Tarentum Bridge lanes Thursday
PennDOT has announced two major closures affecting the Tarentum area for Wednesday and Thursday.
Tonight, Freeport Road in East Deer Township and Tarentum will be closed in both directions from 10 p.m. through approximately 7 a.m. Thursday. Also being closed is First Avenue in Tarentum and Brackenridge.
Closing the roads will allow “super loads” carrying mill stands from a docking area on the Allegheny River to the Allegheny Ludlum plant construction site in Brackenridge.
The closure will occur from the Ninth Street Bridge in East Deer to Conroy Way in Tarentum. Northbound traffic will be detoured using Riddle Run Road to Butler Logan Road to Route 28 to Route 366. Southbound traffic will follow the same detour in the opposite direction.
PennDOT also announced a single-lane closure on the Tarentum Bridge on Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Newsmaker: Randal Bryant
- Bill allowing schools to administer epinephrine advances in state Senate
- Jury acquits Stowe man of charges related to bar shooting
- Brentwood chief to remain on suspension as probe continues
- Coalition of black leaders backs hotel developer’s bid for August Wilson Center
- Pitt business school dean to step down
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- On-ramps to I-79 in Marshall to close for shoulder paving
- Pitt professor’s UV technology destined for Mars in 2020
- Former Pennsylvania civil rights investigator from Penn Hills sues agency, alleges discrimination
- City of Pittsburgh detective, boys finalize adoption before judge