PennDOT closures: Freeport Road tonight; Tarentum Bridge lanes Thursday
PennDOT has announced two major closures affecting the Tarentum area for Wednesday and Thursday.
Tonight, Freeport Road in East Deer Township and Tarentum will be closed in both directions from 10 p.m. through approximately 7 a.m. Thursday. Also being closed is First Avenue in Tarentum and Brackenridge.
Closing the roads will allow “super loads” carrying mill stands from a docking area on the Allegheny River to the Allegheny Ludlum plant construction site in Brackenridge.
The closure will occur from the Ninth Street Bridge in East Deer to Conroy Way in Tarentum. Northbound traffic will be detoured using Riddle Run Road to Butler Logan Road to Route 28 to Route 366. Southbound traffic will follow the same detour in the opposite direction.
PennDOT also announced a single-lane closure on the Tarentum Bridge on Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Pittsburgh pension investment earnings lag behind previous gains
- Board members bring business attitude to nonprofit August Wilson
- Imagine Penn Hills Charter School of Entrepreneurship wins appeal to expand, accept more students
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
- Police arrest teenager in home invasion
- Port Authority’s plan for car-free communities slow to bear fruit
- Accreditation drive part of agency revamp, Allegheny County Health Department director says
- Police: Suspect in death of Fineview toddler changed his statements
- USS Requin to be closed through the fall for painting