Newsmaker: Valerie Trott Williams
Valerie Trott Williams
Noteworthy: Received a Volunteer Service Award from the Pittsburgh Chapter of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Family: Husband, John, 58; daughters Brynna, 23, and Victoria, 14; son Connor, 15 and dogs, Bella, an 8-year-old mastiff, and Diamond Mae, a 2-year-old puggle.
Occupation: Assistant professor of accounting at Duquesne University.
Background: She teaches in the undergraduate and master's accounting programs at Duquesne. She is the director of high school-related programs and serves on UPMC St. Margaret's Board of Directors.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration with a major in accounting from Duquesne in 1988 and a master's degree from the University of Pittsburgh Katz School of Business in 1993.
Quote: “It gives me great pleasure to educate young professionals and students about the value of a CPA and the accounting profession. ... There are very few professions that aspire to such high standards of skills and ethical responsibilities.”
— by Chris Togneri
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum officials reassess equipment policy after sexual assault case
- Pittsburgh police solve fewer homicides
- Allegheny County to increase restaurant penalties
- Duquesne man arrested again for Megan’s Law violations
- Plum teacher’s lawyer says latest allegations don’t measure up
- Security cameras, more police planned at Monroeville Mall
- Detour signs highlight woes expected in Bigelow and Baum projects in Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh police find missing 75-year-old man
- Newsmaker: Sara Mantick
- Pittsburgh man going to prison for fatally stabbing girlfriend’s son with butcher knife
- Teen missing for a week found safe by Pittsburgh missing persons unit