Newsmaker: Valerie Trott Williams
Valerie Trott Williams
Noteworthy: Received a Volunteer Service Award from the Pittsburgh Chapter of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Family: Husband, John, 58; daughters Brynna, 23, and Victoria, 14; son Connor, 15 and dogs, Bella, an 8-year-old mastiff, and Diamond Mae, a 2-year-old puggle.
Occupation: Assistant professor of accounting at Duquesne University.
Background: She teaches in the undergraduate and master's accounting programs at Duquesne. She is the director of high school-related programs and serves on UPMC St. Margaret's Board of Directors.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration with a major in accounting from Duquesne in 1988 and a master's degree from the University of Pittsburgh Katz School of Business in 1993.
Quote: “It gives me great pleasure to educate young professionals and students about the value of a CPA and the accounting profession. ... There are very few professions that aspire to such high standards of skills and ethical responsibilities.”
— by Chris Togneri
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lowly job likely awaits former Pittsburgh police chief after prison
- Feds want to seize cash, property from suspects in drug bust
- Pedestrian struck, killed by train in Coraopolis
- Analyst says Pa. senate race leans toward Toomey — because Democrats ‘loathe’ Sestak
- Richland man charged with sexually assaulting 14-year-old
- Police seize heroin, cash in North Versailles
- Newsmaker: Paul Dubner
- Millions to travel through Western Pa. during Memorial Day weekend
- Newsmaker: Ben Bratman
- Under Armour latest tenant on Allegheny County Airport Authority property
- DOJ program goal: Increased trust between law enforcement, community