Man shot in face in Greenfield
A man was shot and wounded Thursday night in Greenfield, Allegheny County emergency dispatchers were told.
Police were called around 10:45 p.m. for the report of a man shot in the face in the 4200 block of Gladstone Street, emergency dispatchers said.
The man was taken to a hospital by paramedics.
City homicide detectives are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Fired Plum officer won’t get job back
- Lawrenceville man charged with rape, child pornography and 27 other sexual offenses
- 10th DUI earns Uptown man 1st prison sentence
- Bangladeshis to speak at Pitt in program against sweatshops
- Wolf’s education proposal gets mixed reviews
- More departments in region eye equipping officers with Narcan to treat overdoses
- McKees Rocks father allegedly wanted to kill unborn
- Trial of bar owner accused of shooting cyclist in Allentown begins
- Wilkinsburg father ordered to have no contact with daughter or her grandmother
- Newsmaker: Lori E. McMaster