Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. 'Bert' Milligan
Noteworthy: Received a Presidential Citation from the American Dental Education Association. He was one of 13 leaders to receive a citation given to those who have demonstrated exceptional service to the association and dental education community.
Occupation: Director of Continuing Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Family: Wife, Ann; son, Aaron; daughter, Shelley.
Background/education: Milligan graduated from the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. He received a doctorate in microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh and a bachelor's degree in biology from Washington & Jefferson College. Milligan has led efforts to develop innovative programming about gender issues and the cost of dental education. He serves as councilor of the American Dental Education Association Section of Business and Financial Administration.
Quote: “Live slow.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 percent in Allegheny County able to carry concealed gun
- Mt. Lebanon puts temporary halt on deer kill
- Pittsburgh region’s philanthropic sector at top of nation’s pack
- Group reports ethnically charged comments in Moroccan taxi driver’s Hazelwood shooting
- Lane restrictions announced for portion of Route 28
- School bus heavily damaged in Homewood fire
- Merged United Way to reveal 5-year plan aimed at Western Pa. children
- Allegheny County Controller Wagner won’t appeal judge’s audit ruling
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Reliability of DNA evidence — vomit found near Mt. Oliver murder scene — doubted in trial
- Woman shot in shoulder during McKeesport fight