Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. 'Bert' Milligan
Noteworthy: Received a Presidential Citation from the American Dental Education Association. He was one of 13 leaders to receive a citation given to those who have demonstrated exceptional service to the association and dental education community.
Occupation: Director of Continuing Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Family: Wife, Ann; son, Aaron; daughter, Shelley.
Background/education: Milligan graduated from the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. He received a doctorate in microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh and a bachelor's degree in biology from Washington & Jefferson College. Milligan has led efforts to develop innovative programming about gender issues and the cost of dental education. He serves as councilor of the American Dental Education Association Section of Business and Financial Administration.
Quote: “Live slow.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- $4M floor project at Pittsburgh International Airport to replace drab gray, clickety-clack tile
- Vending business in new hands after pot-growing operation found in Lawrenceville
- Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple in Monroeville plans expansion
- Pittsburgh, Allegheny County completing 911 center merger
- Feds dispute ex-PA Cyber chief’s claims of illegal attorney-client recordings
- College-bank deals inspire calls for openness from regulators
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra makes ‘great strides’ financially, audit shows
- Nonprofit intends to restore West End Village tavern
- Officers involved in shootings relay physical, emotional toll of incidents
- Festival of Hope attendees enjoy final day of worship, music, Graham
- Pittsburgh teen keeps family’s military tradition going