Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. 'Bert' Milligan
By Luis Fábregas
Published: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 11:36 p.m.
Noteworthy: Received a Presidential Citation from the American Dental Education Association. He was one of 13 leaders to receive a citation given to those who have demonstrated exceptional service to the association and dental education community.
Occupation: Director of Continuing Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Family: Wife, Ann; son, Aaron; daughter, Shelley.
Background/education: Milligan graduated from the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. He received a doctorate in microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh and a bachelor's degree in biology from Washington & Jefferson College. Milligan has led efforts to develop innovative programming about gender issues and the cost of dental education. He serves as councilor of the American Dental Education Association Section of Business and Financial Administration.
Quote: “Live slow.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across United States
- Crisis nursery in Larimer will fill a need, founders believe
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- Foundations team to make offer for August Wilson Center
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Ex-detective picked for Pittsburgh’s Citizen Police Review Board
- Would-be drillers quizzed by Allegheny County Council committee
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- District attorney’s office takes paperwork from Wilkinsburg Middle School
- Newsmaker: Jerry Weber
- Leader guided changes at Robert Morris