Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. 'Bert' Milligan
Noteworthy: Received a Presidential Citation from the American Dental Education Association. He was one of 13 leaders to receive a citation given to those who have demonstrated exceptional service to the association and dental education community.
Occupation: Director of Continuing Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Family: Wife, Ann; son, Aaron; daughter, Shelley.
Background/education: Milligan graduated from the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. He received a doctorate in microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh and a bachelor's degree in biology from Washington & Jefferson College. Milligan has led efforts to develop innovative programming about gender issues and the cost of dental education. He serves as councilor of the American Dental Education Association Section of Business and Financial Administration.
Quote: “Live slow.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Man fatally shot in East Liberty; police investigating 2nd shooting
- Homewood West woman charged after stabbing woman during card game
- Independence Day festivities scheduled
- Fireworks displays costly, but W. Pa. communities feel obligated
- Pittsburgh a big draw for tourists on July 4th weekend
- Homestead Cemetery records will be preserved
- Public implored to avoid iPhone cases that resemble guns
- Higher school taxes prevail in Western Pennsylvania, Trib finds
- Tradition rules in Pittsburgh: Keep bridge color the same, poll finds
- Newsmaker: Justin Meinert