Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. 'Bert' Milligan
Noteworthy: Received a Presidential Citation from the American Dental Education Association. He was one of 13 leaders to receive a citation given to those who have demonstrated exceptional service to the association and dental education community.
Occupation: Director of Continuing Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Family: Wife, Ann; son, Aaron; daughter, Shelley.
Background/education: Milligan graduated from the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. He received a doctorate in microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh and a bachelor's degree in biology from Washington & Jefferson College. Milligan has led efforts to develop innovative programming about gender issues and the cost of dental education. He serves as councilor of the American Dental Education Association Section of Business and Financial Administration.
Quote: “Live slow.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Owner of Italian Village Pizza stores gets house arrest for tax evasion
- Allegheny County assistant public defender charged for allegedly lying to court staff
- W.Va. natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Holocaust Center could be ready for move to Greenfield in June
- Warrants issued in fatal McKeesport shooting
- Crews attempting to repair water main break in Brentwood
- Alcosan to hold public meetings this week on plans to reduce sewage flow into rivers during storms
- Woman sought in ‘friendly fire’ fatal shooting in Brighton Heights
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment