Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. 'Bert' Milligan
Noteworthy: Received a Presidential Citation from the American Dental Education Association. He was one of 13 leaders to receive a citation given to those who have demonstrated exceptional service to the association and dental education community.
Occupation: Director of Continuing Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Family: Wife, Ann; son, Aaron; daughter, Shelley.
Background/education: Milligan graduated from the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. He received a doctorate in microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh and a bachelor's degree in biology from Washington & Jefferson College. Milligan has led efforts to develop innovative programming about gender issues and the cost of dental education. He serves as councilor of the American Dental Education Association Section of Business and Financial Administration.
Quote: “Live slow.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trade Institute of Pittsburgh helps rebuild lives of ex-convicts
- Healthy Ride, Pittsburgh’s bike share program, won’t require helmets
- Pew Research Center poll shows most Americans take gun rights over control
- Tree giveaway kicks off Earth Week in Pittsburgh
- Deputies arrest couple, seize 45 bricks of heroin in Penn Hills
- Mock trial team from Florida university wins national competition in Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh pair plans rare trip to Iran for American classical musicians
- 2 Georgia men charged in Pittsburgh jury duty scam
- 10,000 more plots for veterans planned at National Cemetery of Alleghenies
- Social media tip-offs missed in melee outside Monroeville Mall, security specialist says
- Teachers union advises lawyers for colleagues of Plum pair investigated on sex charges