Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. 'Bert' Milligan
Noteworthy: Received a Presidential Citation from the American Dental Education Association. He was one of 13 leaders to receive a citation given to those who have demonstrated exceptional service to the association and dental education community.
Occupation: Director of Continuing Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Family: Wife, Ann; son, Aaron; daughter, Shelley.
Background/education: Milligan graduated from the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. He received a doctorate in microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh and a bachelor's degree in biology from Washington & Jefferson College. Milligan has led efforts to develop innovative programming about gender issues and the cost of dental education. He serves as councilor of the American Dental Education Association Section of Business and Financial Administration.
Quote: “Live slow.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police investigating after cab driver shot in Hazelwood
- Security policies limit ‘insider threat’ at airports, TSA says
- SWAT incident in Ross ends peacefully
- Pet chiropractic more popular in Western Pa., but doubts linger
- Terror threat doesn’t keep Pittsburgh International travelers down
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cellphone thrown out
- After fostering scores, Beaver County couple welcome 3 more to family
- Pittsburgh police chief finds use-of-force policies ‘quite satisfactory’
- Suspect in Glassport man’s shooting death put on house arrest
- Free Thanksgiving dinners in Western Pennsylvania
- Ross Elementary School students find comfort in sharing grief