Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. 'Bert' Milligan
Noteworthy: Received a Presidential Citation from the American Dental Education Association. He was one of 13 leaders to receive a citation given to those who have demonstrated exceptional service to the association and dental education community.
Occupation: Director of Continuing Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Family: Wife, Ann; son, Aaron; daughter, Shelley.
Background/education: Milligan graduated from the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. He received a doctorate in microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh and a bachelor's degree in biology from Washington & Jefferson College. Milligan has led efforts to develop innovative programming about gender issues and the cost of dental education. He serves as councilor of the American Dental Education Association Section of Business and Financial Administration.
Quote: “Live slow.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former youth volunteer facing federal child pornography charges
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- District judge who performed state’s first same-sex wedding looks higher
- Blackjacks off the table for Pittsburgh police
- Water main break leaves Millvale dry for several hours
- Important McKees Rocks road returns to 2-way traffic, delighting businesses
- Slain FBI agent Dixon’s legacy lives on in Pittsburgh Field Office, 10K race fundraiser
- Nude photos of Penn Hills High School students spur investigation
- Cybersecurity experts warn Pittsburgh conference about dangers of hacking