Newsmaker: Mary Chester Wasko
Mary Chester Wasko
Noteworthy: Dr. Wasko has been selected to represent Pennsylvania's rheumatologists on a panel that is part of the national Women's Rheumatoid Arthritis Project 2013.
Home: Regent Square
Family: Husband, Jonathan, son, Joshua, 16.
Education: Bachelor's of science, premedicine, Davidson College; doctor of medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; master's in clinical research design and biostatistics, University of Michigan
Background: Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at West Penn Allegheny Health System, Dr. Wasko is professor of internal medicine at Temple University and is associate editor of Arthritis Care & Research. She has practiced in Pittsburgh for 22 years.
Quote: “I chose rheumatology because I was strongly influenced by great mentors when I was in training. I have always sought to emulate them.”
—by Lou Kilzer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cellphone thrown out
- Maryland man found with missing Ohio girl in Pittsburgh motel
- Pittsburgh police chief finds use-of-force policies ‘quite satisfactory’
- Police find marijuana grow rooms in Castle Shannon
- Buffalo man killed by truck in the West End Circle wanted ‘a fresh start’
- 2nd command officer at Allegheny County Jail punished
- Pittsburgh on cusp of leaving fiscal oversight
- Terror threat doesn’t keep Pittsburgh International travelers down
- In letter, Plum school superintendent reassures parents on safety
- Cheaper gas expected to boost Thanksgiving travel
- Allentown church damaged by fire reopens