Newsmaker: Mary Chester Wasko
Mary Chester Wasko
Noteworthy: Dr. Wasko has been selected to represent Pennsylvania's rheumatologists on a panel that is part of the national Women's Rheumatoid Arthritis Project 2013.
Home: Regent Square
Family: Husband, Jonathan, son, Joshua, 16.
Education: Bachelor's of science, premedicine, Davidson College; doctor of medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; master's in clinical research design and biostatistics, University of Michigan
Background: Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at West Penn Allegheny Health System, Dr. Wasko is professor of internal medicine at Temple University and is associate editor of Arthritis Care & Research. She has practiced in Pittsburgh for 22 years.
Quote: “I chose rheumatology because I was strongly influenced by great mentors when I was in training. I have always sought to emulate them.”
—by Lou Kilzer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Blawnox couple jailed in woman’s alleged abuse of boyfriend’s child
- Sean Logan institutes Wolf’s gift ban at Turnpike Commission
- Man killed in SUV rollover on Parkway East
- Pittsburgh to consider giving its workers 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Veterans Administration settles another Legionnaire’s lawsuit
- Aging weather satellite may be leaving forecasters with a large blind spot
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer
- Penn Hills water main break creates car-swallowing sinkhole
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Propel Braddock Hills High School to install metal detectors, superintendent says