Newsmaker: Mary Chester Wasko
Mary Chester Wasko
Noteworthy: Dr. Wasko has been selected to represent Pennsylvania's rheumatologists on a panel that is part of the national Women's Rheumatoid Arthritis Project 2013.
Home: Regent Square
Family: Husband, Jonathan, son, Joshua, 16.
Education: Bachelor's of science, premedicine, Davidson College; doctor of medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; master's in clinical research design and biostatistics, University of Michigan
Background: Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at West Penn Allegheny Health System, Dr. Wasko is professor of internal medicine at Temple University and is associate editor of Arthritis Care & Research. She has practiced in Pittsburgh for 22 years.
Quote: “I chose rheumatology because I was strongly influenced by great mentors when I was in training. I have always sought to emulate them.”
—by Lou Kilzer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellant
- Drilling group says Wolf overestimates expected tax revenue
- 4 World War II veterans from Western Pennsylvania honored by French government
- Nonprofits offer help with Pittsburgh pension problems, Peduto says
- Officials will train camera on Neville Island coke plant
- Roadwork detailed for Pittsburgh’s East Ohio Street
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Teacher conduct under spotlight in Pennsylvania
- Owner of Strip District nightclub Ivy agrees to close after shooting
- Fired Plum officer won’t get job back
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed