Newsmaker: Mary Chester Wasko
Mary Chester Wasko
Noteworthy: Dr. Wasko has been selected to represent Pennsylvania's rheumatologists on a panel that is part of the national Women's Rheumatoid Arthritis Project 2013.
Home: Regent Square
Family: Husband, Jonathan, son, Joshua, 16.
Education: Bachelor's of science, premedicine, Davidson College; doctor of medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; master's in clinical research design and biostatistics, University of Michigan
Background: Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at West Penn Allegheny Health System, Dr. Wasko is professor of internal medicine at Temple University and is associate editor of Arthritis Care & Research. She has practiced in Pittsburgh for 22 years.
Quote: “I chose rheumatology because I was strongly influenced by great mentors when I was in training. I have always sought to emulate them.”
—by Lou Kilzer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Transportation challenges rife as Pittsburgh focuses on making fixes
- Boy, 17, shot in Marshall-Shadeland
- Montour Trail gets needed updates
- Eastbound Parkway West to reopen Sunday morning
- Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
- Police confiscated cellphone of driver who struck 7-year-old girl Thursday
- Transportation funding uncertainty impacts planning for Western Pa.
- 2 from Carrick charged in connection with rash of heroin overdoses
- Heinz Endowments looks to smart urban planning for Pittsburgh moment
- Teachers union advises lawyers for colleagues of Plum pair investigated on sex charges
- Penn Hills teenager shot in the back after giving man a ride