Newsmaker: Mary Chester Wasko
Mary Chester Wasko
Noteworthy: Dr. Wasko has been selected to represent Pennsylvania's rheumatologists on a panel that is part of the national Women's Rheumatoid Arthritis Project 2013.
Home: Regent Square
Family: Husband, Jonathan, son, Joshua, 16.
Education: Bachelor's of science, premedicine, Davidson College; doctor of medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; master's in clinical research design and biostatistics, University of Michigan
Background: Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at West Penn Allegheny Health System, Dr. Wasko is professor of internal medicine at Temple University and is associate editor of Arthritis Care & Research. She has practiced in Pittsburgh for 22 years.
Quote: “I chose rheumatology because I was strongly influenced by great mentors when I was in training. I have always sought to emulate them.”
—by Lou Kilzer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- Diminishing number of pilots takes toll on small airports in Western Pa.
- Pa. spends millions on death penalty cases that rarely end in execution
- African-American Heritage Day Parade in Pittsburgh draws more than 40 groups
- Pittsburgh police officer hits pedestrian in East Liberty
- 17-year-old male killed, 15-year-old female shot in McKeesport
- Newsmaker: Bob Herbert
- Munhall standoff leads to prostitution arrests in Pittsburgh’s South Side
- Police: Man steals cash from tip jar at South Side restaurant
- Counter attackers by tossing items, experts advise college students
- Police urge caution after several Perry South break-ins