Newsmaker: Tom Lopus
Noteworthy: Lopus was named Industry Leader of the year at the Northeast 2012 Oil & Gas Awards.
Occupation: Senior vice president at Pardee Resources Co., overseeing oil and gas operations.
Education: Lopus received his bachelor's degree in petroleum and natural gas engineering from Penn State University in 1980. He received certificates in executive management from Southern Methodist University in 1992 and the University of Chicago in 2003.
Background: Lopus has spent more than 30 years in the oil and gas industry, most of it as an engineer and manager at Tenneco. More recently, he was a founding member of the Marcellus Shale Coalition. Lopus was also an executive at J-W Energy Co. and at Equitable Resources Inc., which is now EQT Corp. He worked as an independent software developer for the oil and gas industry.
He was recently ordained as a deacon at Saints John and Paul Roman Catholic Parish in Franklin Park.
Quote: “You will eventually be rewarded for what you put into anything. I took an oath and was ordained ... and I did that because I want to serve the Lord and I want to serve our church.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ambridge police chief went undercover in attempt to catch person who robbed 2 people at knifepoint
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Coaches lead discussions to influence athletes’ attitudes toward women, avoiding violence
- Group’s proposed fracking moratorium for Allegheny County parks to go on council agenda
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- Newsmaker: Sister Rita Yeasted
- La Roche College to accept up to 90 credits from community college students
- Millions in pollution fines went unused for decades in Allegheny County