Newsmaker: Edwin P. Arnold
Noteworthy: Arnold, who chairs the Department of Music and Fine Arts at Grove City College, has been inducted into the Beaver Valley Musicians Hall of Fame. Arnold also is a professor of music, director of the college's Pew Fine Arts Center and the director of bands. The plaques awarded to inductees will be displayed at the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center in Midland, Beaver County.
Residence: Liberty, Mercer County.
Family: Wife, Ellen; two adult children.
Background: Arnold joined the faculty of Grove City College in 1975 as the director of bands. In 1981, he was appointed chair of the Department of Music and Fine Arts. He was inducted into the American Bandmasters Association in 1995.
Education: A graduate of Beaver Falls High School, Arnold obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in music education from Geneva College in 1967. He earned a master's degree in music education from Duquesne University in 1972 and a doctorate in education in 1981 from the University of Houston.
Quote: “It's an honor and privilege to be included among all the special people who have been inducted before me.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- La Scuola d’Italia Galileo Galilei touts Pittsburgh’s Italian heritage
- Court attire can have impact, public defenders say
- Bookings for August Wilson Center climb, but permanent board yet to be set
- Film shares tale of Pittsburgh man who turned disability into career
- Carnegie man sought after hammer attack, police say
- Count of Three Rivers Regatta visitors could top 500K despite race ban
- Allegheny County Council aims to dig out of hole
- Newsmaker: Lauren Bailey
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Fatal crash under investigation in Baden