Newsmaker: Edwin P. Arnold
Noteworthy: Arnold, who chairs the Department of Music and Fine Arts at Grove City College, has been inducted into the Beaver Valley Musicians Hall of Fame. Arnold also is a professor of music, director of the college's Pew Fine Arts Center and the director of bands. The plaques awarded to inductees will be displayed at the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center in Midland, Beaver County.
Residence: Liberty, Mercer County.
Family: Wife, Ellen; two adult children.
Background: Arnold joined the faculty of Grove City College in 1975 as the director of bands. In 1981, he was appointed chair of the Department of Music and Fine Arts. He was inducted into the American Bandmasters Association in 1995.
Education: A graduate of Beaver Falls High School, Arnold obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in music education from Geneva College in 1967. He earned a master's degree in music education from Duquesne University in 1972 and a doctorate in education in 1981 from the University of Houston.
Quote: “It's an honor and privilege to be included among all the special people who have been inducted before me.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Unions warn of problems with referrals outside Veterans Affairs system
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pitt, city officials inspect student housing in Oakland
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since discrimination lawsuit
- Western Pennsylvania colleges cautious about Ebola risk from students
- Close vote expected on posting restaurant grades in Allegheny County