Accident involving a T rail car injures one
The driver of a sport utility vehicle sustained minor injuries Saturday when the vehicle rolled over after a collision with a Light Rail transit vehicle in Dormont, said Jim Ritchie, a spokesman for Port Authority of Allegheny County.
The accident, which happened at about 5:10 p.m. on the Red Line near the Hillsdale stop, interrupted service for about an hour, Ritchie said.
A man driving a Jeep Cherokee drove onto the tracks, and a Light Rail vehicle hit it. The Jeep flipped on its roof. The driver suffered minor neck and back injuries, Ritchie said.
No one inside the Light Rail vehicle was injured. A passenger who had a heart problem was taken to a local hospital.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allgheny County charter school students give more than $11K to assist homeless children
- North Shore access to be limited Saturday for Chesney concert, officials say
- Blawnox man’s torture, death a robbery plot gone wrong, police say
- Witnesses recall scene of crash in Lincoln Place homicide by vehicle trial
- Penn Hills votes to sell, lease vacant school space
- VA report shows W.Pa. error rate down, but inspectors point out delays in re-evaluating cases cost $493K
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto returning from manufacturing trade mission to Cuba
- Lawsuit filed against PWSA for inaccurate billing from radio-controlled meter readers