Accident involving a T rail car injures one
The driver of a sport utility vehicle sustained minor injuries Saturday when the vehicle rolled over after a collision with a Light Rail transit vehicle in Dormont, said Jim Ritchie, a spokesman for Port Authority of Allegheny County.
The accident, which happened at about 5:10 p.m. on the Red Line near the Hillsdale stop, interrupted service for about an hour, Ritchie said.
A man driving a Jeep Cherokee drove onto the tracks, and a Light Rail vehicle hit it. The Jeep flipped on its roof. The driver suffered minor neck and back injuries, Ritchie said.
No one inside the Light Rail vehicle was injured. A passenger who had a heart problem was taken to a local hospital.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for Allegheny, Westmoreland counties
- Bridge inspections, washing to impact Pittsburgh traffic
- Work set for Parkway West
- Obama faces bipartisan criticism over his foreign policy
- Attorney General drops charges against ‘upper-level’ heroin dealers, records show
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Carnegie Mellon University picks architect for business school