Newsmaker: Dr. Edmund Ricci
Dr. Edmund Ricci
Noteworthy: Named UPMC Senior Services' 2013 Caregiver Champion for his work and research involving the elderly. Ricci excelled in his career while caring for his wife, Joanne, who died in 2009 from a neurological degenerative disorder.
Occupation: Professor in the Graduate School of Public Health at the University of Pittsburgh, director of Pitt's Institute for Evaluation Science in Community Health and associate director of the university's Institute on Aging.
Background: Ricci served on the National Academy of Sciences/National Research Council Committee on Emergency Medical Services. He is a founding member of the Health Services Research Training Study Section of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Ricci sits on editorial boards of journals, including Social Work in Public Health, Prehospital and Disaster Medicine and Race and Social Problems. He is a Pitt graduate.
Quote: “I would like to see Pittsburgh be the most caregiver- supportive city in the United States. And I will continue to work toward that end.”
— Christina Gallagher
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Just for Giggles, FBI tags along, finds more than sports paraphernalia at Pittsburgh store
- Whistleblower claims Allegheny County’s human services director violated 2003 lawsuit settlement
- Police say teen driver was drinking in Butler ATV crash that killed passenger
- Federal judge allows challenge to Sharpsburg’s landlord law
- DA’s office examining complaint history of Strip District club
- 4th suspect in shooting of Homewood security guard surrenders
- ALICE program aims to protect students from active shooter in school
- Amish boy stable after riding pony into intersection, being hit by car
- Teacher conduct under spotlight in Pennsylvania
- Passion for speed fuels Ligonier man’s slippery dash in winter rally
- Burial set for remains of World War II soldier from Perrysville