Newsmaker: William Korenoski
Noteworthy : Korenoski was one of 30 PennDOT employees across the state to be honored last month with the Star of Excellence Award, the agency's highest recognition.
Age : 52
Residence : Elizabeth Township
Family: Wife, Janet; and children, Luke, 16, and Lexi, 13
Education: Bachelor's degree in political science from Duquesne University
Occupation: Korenoski is the fiscal officer for PennDOT's District 11, which includes Allegheny, Beaver and Lawrence counties.
Background: A PennDOT employee of 13 years who previously worked for the Allegheny County Department of Aging, Korenoski manages the District 11 annual budget of up to $450 million. He frequently is called on to help other PennDOT districts with fiscal matters and has chaired a PennDOT work group for district fiscal officers.
Quote: “For me, the most interesting part of my job is being involved in projects before the first orange barrel goes up through to completion. When you see all the work that goes into a project, it gives you a different perspective.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Pittsburgh wins Gawker.com ugliest accent tourney n’at
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Pittsburgh VA director gets more time to appeal firing recommendation