Newsmaker: William Korenoski
Noteworthy: Korenoski was one of 30 PennDOT employees across the state to be honored last month with the Star of Excellence Award, the agency's highest recognition.
Residence: Elizabeth Township
Family: Wife, Janet; and children, Luke, 16, and Lexi, 13
Education: Bachelor's degree in political science from Duquesne University
Occupation: Korenoski is the fiscal officer for PennDOT's District 11, which includes Allegheny, Beaver and Lawrence counties.
Background: A PennDOT employee of 13 years who previously worked for the Allegheny County Department of Aging, Korenoski manages the District 11 annual budget of up to $450 million. He frequently is called on to help other PennDOT districts with fiscal matters and has chaired a PennDOT work group for district fiscal officers.
Quote: “For me, the most interesting part of my job is being involved in projects before the first orange barrel goes up through to completion. When you see all the work that goes into a project, it gives you a different perspective.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge allows conspiracy lawsuit against UPMC, Highmark to proceed
- Pittsburgh poised to settle lawsuits from deadly flash flood in 2011
- Animal activists targeting Vick at Steelers preseason game
- Woman commits suicide in North Braddock police holding cell
- Risks don’t get any better as online dating prospers
- North Shore’s Lacock Street to close 3 weeks for construction
- Pittsburgh councilwoman introduces pair of bills to protect animals
- W.Pa. to observe International Overdose Awareness Day
- 3 Brentwood council members submit resignation letters
- Man critical after being shot in Pittsburgh’s Knoxville neighborhood
- 2 Brentwood council members keep positions, council approves third resignation