Newsmaker: Marco S. Attisano
Noteworthy: Received the J. Evans Rose Jr. Prize for Public Service from the University of Pittsburgh's Dick Thornburgh Forum for Law and Public Policy
Education: Allegheny College, bachelor's degree in political science, 2009; University of Pittsburgh, law degree, May 2013.
Occupation: Legal assistant in the homicide unit at the Allegheny County District Attorney's office.
Background: After serving in the Navy, Attisano volunteered for an AmeriCorps service year and then provided more than 150 hours of voluntary service in the District Attorney's office.
Quote: “My concept of citizenship is about duties and responsibilities. Being a full citizen means contributing in a public way.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- $500K grant to fund bike sharing comes through for Pittsburgh
- With Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring
- Motivation in slaying of Penn Hills couple remains unclear
- Strip District merchants say pay stations will drive out shoopers relying on free spots
- Tax exemptions cost Allegheny County governments $620M, auditor general reports
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015
- Newsmaker: Gregory Reed
- Inspections will force Liberty Bridge lane closures on Friday
- PennDOT to begin changing Glenbury Street Friday, part of Route 51/ 88 intersection rehab
- Portion of Baum Boulevard closed after bricks fall from building
- DA: Fired Century III Mall manager stole $51K