Newsmaker: Marco S. Attisano
Noteworthy: Received the J. Evans Rose Jr. Prize for Public Service from the University of Pittsburgh's Dick Thornburgh Forum for Law and Public Policy
Education: Allegheny College, bachelor's degree in political science, 2009; University of Pittsburgh, law degree, May 2013.
Occupation: Legal assistant in the homicide unit at the Allegheny County District Attorney's office.
Background: After serving in the Navy, Attisano volunteered for an AmeriCorps service year and then provided more than 150 hours of voluntary service in the District Attorney's office.
Quote: “My concept of citizenship is about duties and responsibilities. Being a full citizen means contributing in a public way.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Roman Catholic Church in midst of culture clash over gays
- 2 killed in single-vehicle crash in Pittsburgh
- East Liberty man arrested in connection with Larimer shooting
- Author of Americans with Disabilities Act celebrates its effects in Carnegie
- Pittsburgh police motorcycle officer seriously injured in crash
- Snake bites on the rise in Western Pa.
- 2 men wounded in Hill District drive-by shooting
- Peduto pushes for affordable housing in East Liberty redevelopment
- Newsmaker: Mark Rubenstein
- Western Pa. prosecutors zero in on human trafficking; legislation pending
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania