Newsmaker: Bernice Curry Brady
Noteworthy: The Northside Leadership Conference, a coalition of 14 North Side neighborhood groups, honored Brady with a Neighborhood and Business Award for her lifelong work as a community volunteer.
Family: Three adult children, Herman Brady Jr., Diane Brady, Dr. Karen L. Velazquez and a late son, Gregory S. Brady.
Occupation: Retired service representative for AT&T.
Background: Brady has volunteered at the Metropolitan Baptist Church in the North Side since she was a teenager, and helped organize the Metropolitan Soup Kitchen, which serves hundreds of meals to the needy each year. A member of the Fineview Citizens Council, she welcomes new residents to the neighborhood and helps whenever possible with neighborhood improvement efforts.
Education: She is a 1944 graduate of the former Allegheny High School on the North Side.
Quote: “I was very happy to be chosen for this award as a representative for Fineview. I want to thank them for nominating me.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Newsmaker: Rebecca Lane
- White House threat sparks call for wider immigration debate
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- August Wilson Center’s financial woes leave little guys in a lurch