Newsmaker: Gina Englert
Noteworthy: Received Allegheny County government's second Exemplary Employee Award on July 8.
Residence: West Mifflin
Family: Husband Brian; sons Ray, 13, and Nick, 8; daughter Giavanna, 5.
Occupation: Records specialist in the Department of Administrative Service's Elections Division.
Education: Graduated from Baldwin High School in 1996.
Background: A member of the county's “Green Team,” which promotes energy- and water-conservation awareness. Member and secretary of Homeville Parent Teacher Association, West Mifflin. Volunteer at West Mifflin Youth Titan Football and Cheerleading Association, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Pittsburgh, Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, and the Western PA Humane Society.
Quote: “The environment is very important to me and always has been since I was little. That's just how I grew up.”
— by Thomas Olson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Diminishing number of pilots takes toll on small airports in Western Pa.
- Pa. spends millions on death penalty cases that rarely end in execution
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- 17-year-old male killed, 15-year-old female shot in McKeesport
- Would-be Troy Hill carjackers scared off by sirens
- Munhall standoff leads to prostitution arrests in Pittsburgh’s South Side
- Federal judge orders Pittsburgh to reimburse law firm over deposition McLay left early
- Lawsuit claims Plum School District ignored racially-motivated assaults against black students
- 10-county regional transportation alliance to form in Western Pa.
- One man dead in North Braddock shooting
- Police seek man who robbed Oakland bank