Government offices, courts closed for holiday
All federal, state, county and city offices and courts will be closed on Thursday in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
Port Authority bus, “T” and incline service will operate on a holiday schedule. The customer service line — 412-442-2000 — will be in operation from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Downtown Service Center will be closed and the Twitter account will not be staffed. The Butler Transit Authority will not be operating on Thursday.
Pittsburgh trash collection is pushed back a day for the entire week.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers will be closed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- Time capsule salutes 250 years for Fort Pitt Block House
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly
- Savings, aesthetics of LED praised, but streetlight conversion could cost Pittsburgh $13M
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- WVU frat brothers charged with hazing pledges
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Cybersecurity experts warn Pittsburgh conference about dangers of hacking