Conventions in Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania this week
Conventions, conferences and exhibitions in Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania:
• July 15-18: Inspirations 2013, Bridging our Hearts to the World; national, biennial convocation of The Fellowship of United Methodists in Music and Worship Arts; Westin Convention Center Hotel, Downtown; umfellowship.org.
• July 16-19: Statewide Conference on Heritage; Omni William Penn, Downtown; pennbyways.org/home.
To have events included, send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Most heavy drinkers aren’t alcoholics, CDC determines, reversing long-held belief
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- Water main break leaves Millvale dry for several hours
- Blackjacks off the table for Pittsburgh police
- Portion of Parkway West will be closed for weekend work
- Port Authority of Allegheny County plans transit schedule changes
- Allegheny County 911 call center opinions diverge
- Slain FBI agent Dixon’s legacy lives on in Pittsburgh Field Office, 10K race fundraiser
- Owner of North Side drug den told to raze it or go to jail can instead find buyer