Newsmaker: Ondréa L. Burton
Ondréa L. Burton
Noteworthy: The Alpha Alpha Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. presented Burton with its Supporters of the Village Award. The leadership and public service sorority presents the awards to people and organizations who make exceptional efforts to support the black community.
Family: Daughter, Avani, 15
Occupation: Burton is manager of events and donations in the Allegheny County Department of Human Services' Office of Community Relations.
Background: Burton has worked for the Department of Human Services for 10 years, including three years working with homeless programs in the Office of Community Services and seven years in community relations. She spearheads several notable events during the year, such as Project Prom, which provides a store where eligible teens can shop for a free prom dress.
Education: Burton studied sociology at the University of Pittsburgh and communications at Robert Morris University.
Quote: “If you treat people the way they want to be treated, ultimately, we're all blessed.”
— Brian Bowling
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- One person taken to hospital after fire in Scott
- Gunfire wounds man near Riverview Park
- Allegheny County Airport gets FAA grant to trim trees under flight path
- Civil War vet gets 21-gun salute
- County police officer on leave after assault charges filed
- Newsmaker: H. Scott Cunningham
- Port Authority of Allegheny County eyes $2M in detour costs
- Overnight closures, lane restrictions announced for Fort Pitt Tunnel, Parkway West
- Man convicted in North Side stabbing
- Teen caught after stolen car crashes in Homewood
- Vote on partnership between Wilkinsburg, Pittsburgh Public School possible in October