Bridge closures planned over Montour Run
Allegheny County on Monday will close two bridges over Montour Run in North Fayette and Findlay until mid-November.
Bridge No. 4 on Enlow Road at the intersection of Cliff Mine Road, Bridge No. 5 on Cliff Mine Road at Oak Moss Drive, and portions of the roads will close at 7 a.m. to finish work on abutments and to build bridge decks, among other work. The prime contractor is Pugliano Construction Co. Inc. of Plum.
Officials will post detours. The work will impact use of the Montour Trail but it and a parking area at Enlow and Cliff Mine roads will remain open, the county said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Overnight snow delaying schools in Western Pa.
- NTSB: Better oversight needed to prevent natural gas pipeline accidents
- Psychiatrist: Man accused of setting Homestead fire not competent to stand trial
- Blawnox couple jailed in woman’s alleged abuse of boyfriend’s child
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer