Spores on the floors
Last week's heavy rain washed into the Hickman House apartment building in Bridgeville leading to a carpet full of mushrooms and mold. “Mushrooms are composters,” said Dick Dogall, past president of the Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club. “Anything they can compost is a possibility, so it's not surprising. You have to get the right temperature and moisture conditions.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Roadwork detailed for Pittsburgh’s East Ohio Street
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Loose barges on the Mon highlight woes of winter’s end
- Police looking for man they say assaulted a 13-year-old girl
- 14 more arrested in connection with drug trafficking ring
- Pittsburgh has enough salt despite delivery refusal on Thursday, official says
- Man sentenced to 71/2 to 15 years for Allegheny County burglary spree
- Man accused of accepting bribes to lie about defendants’ drug tests will stand trial
- Drilling group says Wolf overestimates expected tax revenue
- Police say teen driver was drinking in Butler ATV crash that killed passenger