Spores on the floors
Last week's heavy rain washed into the Hickman House apartment building in Bridgeville leading to a carpet full of mushrooms and mold. “Mushrooms are composters,” said Dick Dogall, past president of the Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club. “Anything they can compost is a possibility, so it's not surprising. You have to get the right temperature and moisture conditions.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Christmas in Western Pa. predicted to be ‘slightly white’
- Brashear High ‘little libraries’ program rolls out
- Kids treated to gifts, peaceful holiday party at Lincoln-Lemington church
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Newsmaker: Patrick Juola
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Gun dealers ease restrictions on ammo purchases as shortage abates
- Pittsburgh mayoral staffers appointed to Wolf’s transition team
- Local Southwest workers join picket line
- Second African penguin chick hatches at National Aviary