Delta to add flights to Dominican, Bahamas from Pittsburgh
Delta Air Lines plans to add weekly flights from Pittsburgh International Airport to the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas in December, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald said Tuesday.
Starting Dec. 21, Delta will make Saturday round-trips to Nassau in the Bahamas and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Fitzgerald said Delta is also looking to add a third flight south of the border. Delta and Aeromexico applied with the U.S. and Mexican governments to jointly offer a flight between Pittsburgh and Cancun, Fitzgerald said.
Delta currently offers 33 daily flights to seven U.S. destinations from Pittsburgh, as well as flights to Paris, Pittsburgh's only nonstop trans-Atlantic service.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum teacher’s lawyer says latest allegations don’t measure up
- Wet weather puts Three Rivers Regatta events in jeopardy
- South Side zoning clashes with parking: Workers hurt
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher
- Security cameras planned at Monroeville Mall
- Pittsburgh man going to prison for fatally stabbing girlfriend’s son with butcher knife
- American Airlines manager arrested in Pittsburgh on sex crimes charges
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park
- Bellevue painter devotes life to telling strangers about God’s love
- Run-down duplex that Dormont helped to rehab not on the market long
- Newsmaker: Dr. J. Anthony Graves