Delta to add flights to Dominican, Bahamas from Pittsburgh
Delta Air Lines plans to add weekly flights from Pittsburgh International Airport to the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas in December, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald said Tuesday.
Starting Dec. 21, Delta will make Saturday round-trips to Nassau in the Bahamas and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Fitzgerald said Delta is also looking to add a third flight south of the border. Delta and Aeromexico applied with the U.S. and Mexican governments to jointly offer a flight between Pittsburgh and Cancun, Fitzgerald said.
Delta currently offers 33 daily flights to seven U.S. destinations from Pittsburgh, as well as flights to Paris, Pittsburgh's only nonstop trans-Atlantic service.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rivals try to block Uber, Lyft in Pittsburgh
- UPMC workers’ compensation unit drops claim in Western Psych shooting
- Memorial for Hill District legend a ‘fitting’ service
- Pitt’s new chancellor Gallagher to continue broad role at school
- Americans in N. Korea beg U.S. for help as trials on vague charges draw near
- Newsmaker: Dr. Lisa M. Cibik
- Bus detours set for weekend East Busway construction
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Port Authority T line service to detour in South Hills this weekend
- Authorities identify man killed in second Northview Heights shooting
- Newsmaker: Shirley Ho