Delta to add flights to Dominican, Bahamas from Pittsburgh
Delta Air Lines plans to add weekly flights from Pittsburgh International Airport to the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas in December, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald said Tuesday.
Starting Dec. 21, Delta will make Saturday round-trips to Nassau in the Bahamas and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Fitzgerald said Delta is also looking to add a third flight south of the border. Delta and Aeromexico applied with the U.S. and Mexican governments to jointly offer a flight between Pittsburgh and Cancun, Fitzgerald said.
Delta currently offers 33 daily flights to seven U.S. destinations from Pittsburgh, as well as flights to Paris, Pittsburgh's only nonstop trans-Atlantic service.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sean Logan institutes Wolf’s gift ban at Turnpike Commission
- Blawnox couple jailed in woman’s alleged abuse of boyfriend’s child
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Propel Braddock Hills High School to install metal detectors, superintendent says
- Aging weather satellite may be leaving forecasters with a large blind spot
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer
- Penn Hills water main break creates car-swallowing sinkhole
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Man killed in SUV rollover on Parkway East
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Veterans Administration settles another Legionnaire’s lawsuit