Delta to add flights to Dominican, Bahamas from Pittsburgh
Delta Air Lines plans to add weekly flights from Pittsburgh International Airport to the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas in December, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald said Tuesday.
Starting Dec. 21, Delta will make Saturday round-trips to Nassau in the Bahamas and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Fitzgerald said Delta is also looking to add a third flight south of the border. Delta and Aeromexico applied with the U.S. and Mexican governments to jointly offer a flight between Pittsburgh and Cancun, Fitzgerald said.
Delta currently offers 33 daily flights to seven U.S. destinations from Pittsburgh, as well as flights to Paris, Pittsburgh's only nonstop trans-Atlantic service.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- Overnight snow delaying schools in western Pennsylvania
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Beaver County man arrested in 24-year-old Clinton County cold case
- Uber gains PUC approval to operate in most of Pa. for 2 years
- PennDOT says inbound Fort Pitt Tunnel will close around-the-clock this weekend
- New Turnpike Chairman Sean Logan institutes Wolf’s gift ban at commission
- Pa. Turnpike claims software fraud, wants $45M
- Woman, 77, dies in Monroeville house fire
- Medical examiner identifies man in Pleasant Hills police standoff as Justin Hay
- Fitzgerald nominates mining industry businessman for Finance and Development Commission