Delta to add flights to Dominican, Bahamas from Pittsburgh
Delta Air Lines plans to add weekly flights from Pittsburgh International Airport to the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas in December, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald said Tuesday.
Starting Dec. 21, Delta will make Saturday round-trips to Nassau in the Bahamas and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Fitzgerald said Delta is also looking to add a third flight south of the border. Delta and Aeromexico applied with the U.S. and Mexican governments to jointly offer a flight between Pittsburgh and Cancun, Fitzgerald said.
Delta currently offers 33 daily flights to seven U.S. destinations from Pittsburgh, as well as flights to Paris, Pittsburgh's only nonstop trans-Atlantic service.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man prosecutors say Ferrante was jealous of tells jurors he invited both to his home
- Homewood welcomes nonprofit Animal Rescue League’s new shelter, clinic
- Murky finances lost in grant process for film studio in McKees Rocks
- Defense witness testifies on video, absent jurors, of cyanide alternatives
- Newsmaker: Matthew Zupetic
- 3 named to new Pittsburgh land bank group
- Warrant issued for North Side teen in Penn Hills shooting
- Movie studio owner building in McKees Rocks is $540K in red
- Ferrante suicide letter says he did not kill wife
- Slow-moving train hits car in Lawrenceville
- Lawyer for man accused of Homewood shooting says he acted in self-defense