Delta to add flights to Dominican, Bahamas from Pittsburgh
Delta Air Lines plans to add weekly flights from Pittsburgh International Airport to the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas in December, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald said Tuesday.
Starting Dec. 21, Delta will make Saturday round-trips to Nassau in the Bahamas and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Fitzgerald said Delta is also looking to add a third flight south of the border. Delta and Aeromexico applied with the U.S. and Mexican governments to jointly offer a flight between Pittsburgh and Cancun, Fitzgerald said.
Delta currently offers 33 daily flights to seven U.S. destinations from Pittsburgh, as well as flights to Paris, Pittsburgh's only nonstop trans-Atlantic service.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Alpine touring skiing movement faces uphill climb in Western Pa.
- Century Inn owner hopes to reopen Washington County landmark, gutted by fire, by end of next year
- Carrick crime ‘blitz’ shows early signs of success
- Pittsburgh nonprofit 412 Food Rescue takes surplus food to needy
- Pittsburgh airport eyes more upgrades, considers flier requests
- Pittsburgh police deliver 2,500 Thanksgiving meals through program
- Legislators, Wolf agree on one thing: Higher work zone fines
- Newsmaker: Kostas Pelechrinis
- After fostering scores, Beaver County couple welcome 3 more to family
- Security policies limit ‘insider threat’ at airports, TSA says
- Arrest warrant issued for woman wanted in Coraopolis stabbing