Landslide repairs to shut roads in Monroeville and White Oak
PennDOT will shut down parts of two roads in Allegheny County on Monday to fix landslides
Crews will close Thompson Run Road between Lower Rodi Road and Northern Pike in Monroeville until the end of the year. PennDOT will post a detour that includes Business Route 22 for the estimated 6,200 drivers who use that stretch of road daily.
In White Oak, PennDOT is closing a stretch of McClintock Road until Aug. 9. The slide will detour traffic between Route 48 and Muse Lane, using Lincoln Way.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Former Plum teacher says he warned district about possible inappropriate conduct
- A mayor and his dog: Peduto adopts from Western Pennsylvania Humane Society
- Fear of being grounded keeps some pilots from revealing mental issues
- Controversial McKeesport building destroyed by fire
- Bethel Park Police arrest 3 for thefts at Wal-Mart
- Blaze destroys 112-year-old Jefferson Hills restaurant
- Legislator discusses gas tax, budget at Seven Springs luncheon
- Firefighters help stranded window washer in Mt. Lebanon
- Device at Carnegie Mellon could aid walking
- Pennsylvania religious freedom law does not extend to for-profits
- Munhall woman sues endoscope maker over hospital superbug infection