Newsmaker: Dion Carter
By Brian Bowling
Published: Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013, 10:20 p.m.
Noteworthy: Less than a year after hiring Carter, AMC Loews Waterfront 22 theater named him Employee of the Month. Carter was hired after he finished retail training at Goodwill's Consumer Operated Training Store in Lawrenceville.
Family: Mother, Sandra Arnold, and sister, Dawn Arnold.
Background: Carter entered the Goodwill retail training program in January 2012, learning skills such as customer service and pricing. AMC hired him as an usher in August 2012. He takes tickets, gives people directions and cleans theaters after shows. He is training to help in the VIP section. Goodwill featured him in a video that tells the stories of successful clients. The video is online at www.youtube.com/user/goodwillswpa.
Education: Carter is a graduate of Brashear High School.
Quote: “I do the job I do best.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former U.S. Steel executive and wife make $500,000 donation
- Trial begins in Steelers stabbing
- Post 9/11 veterans lend skills to community leadership course
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- Patients nationwide die waiting as 1 in 5 kidneys rejected by doctors
- Wuerl tells faithful all Catholics are responsible for schools
- 4-car crash near Fox Chapel snarls Route 28 traffic
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Democrats consider Pittsburgh for 2016 national convention
- Proposal to drill in West Deer and Frazer draws comments from both sides
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal N.H. crash