Newsmaker: Dion Carter
Noteworthy: Less than a year after hiring Carter, AMC Loews Waterfront 22 theater named him Employee of the Month. Carter was hired after he finished retail training at Goodwill's Consumer Operated Training Store in Lawrenceville.
Family: Mother, Sandra Arnold, and sister, Dawn Arnold.
Background: Carter entered the Goodwill retail training program in January 2012, learning skills such as customer service and pricing. AMC hired him as an usher in August 2012. He takes tickets, gives people directions and cleans theaters after shows. He is training to help in the VIP section. Goodwill featured him in a video that tells the stories of successful clients. The video is online at www.youtube.com/user/goodwillswpa.
Education: Carter is a graduate of Brashear High School.
Quote: “I do the job I do best.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Brashear High ‘little libraries’ program rolls out
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Environmental teachers glean new ideas from networking
- Pittsburgh Holocaust Center finally finds permanent home
- Newsmaker: Cindy Marzock
- Second African penguin chick hatches at National Aviary
- The Exchange offers reward for information that leads to the arrest of person who shot Ross clerk
- Allegheny County police investigate out-of-state company that hired worker charged in fatal accident