Newsmaker: Dion Carter
Noteworthy: Less than a year after hiring Carter, AMC Loews Waterfront 22 theater named him Employee of the Month. Carter was hired after he finished retail training at Goodwill's Consumer Operated Training Store in Lawrenceville.
Family: Mother, Sandra Arnold, and sister, Dawn Arnold.
Background: Carter entered the Goodwill retail training program in January 2012, learning skills such as customer service and pricing. AMC hired him as an usher in August 2012. He takes tickets, gives people directions and cleans theaters after shows. He is training to help in the VIP section. Goodwill featured him in a video that tells the stories of successful clients. The video is online at www.youtube.com/user/goodwillswpa.
Education: Carter is a graduate of Brashear High School.
Quote: “I do the job I do best.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Judge expected to sign sale order for August Wilson Center for African American Culture
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Prosecutor in Ferrante cyanide trial attacked; partner charged with assault
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Newsmaker: Susana J. Munro
- Etna struggles with high commercial vacancy rates
- Savvy Service Employees International Union ‘keeps light on’