Newsmaker: Dion Carter
Noteworthy: Less than a year after hiring Carter, AMC Loews Waterfront 22 theater named him Employee of the Month. Carter was hired after he finished retail training at Goodwill's Consumer Operated Training Store in Lawrenceville.
Family: Mother, Sandra Arnold, and sister, Dawn Arnold.
Background: Carter entered the Goodwill retail training program in January 2012, learning skills such as customer service and pricing. AMC hired him as an usher in August 2012. He takes tickets, gives people directions and cleans theaters after shows. He is training to help in the VIP section. Goodwill featured him in a video that tells the stories of successful clients. The video is online at www.youtube.com/user/goodwillswpa.
Education: Carter is a graduate of Brashear High School.
Quote: “I do the job I do best.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- RMU dormitory fire will displace 10 students
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200,000 as part of settlement agreement with borough
- Attorneys say Leon Ford putting off needed surgery because of prospect of second trial
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- State leaders give input on budget woes at Pittsburgh meeting
- Coaches lead discussions to influence athletes’ attitudes toward women, avoiding violence
- Allegheny County officials to continue shuttle service in airport corridor, Mon Valley
- Allegheny County police investigate out-of-state company that hired worker charged in fatal accident
- Judges with Pittsburgh ties enter race for Pa. Supreme Court
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects