School supplies collected for needy students
WPXI-TV and Giant Eagle are collecting school supplies and donations for needy students 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the station, 4145 Evergreen Road in Summer Hill, and at stores at 1617 Butler Plank Road in Shaler and at 4010 Monroeville Blvd. in Monroeville.
People are asked to bring the following supplies to “Pack The Truck:” pencils, crayons, glue, tape, binders, rulers, scissors and more. For a complete list of needed items, visit www.theeducationpartnership.org/donate/ProductDonation.
The supplies will be distributed through the nonprofit The Education Partnership. WPXI is the Trib's news partner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- Newsmaker: Christopher W. Robinson
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- Emergency personnel contain fire at Whitehall apartment complex
- Carrick man struck by dump truck dies; woman critically injured
- Cybersecurity experts warn Pittsburgh conference about dangers of hacking
- WVU frat brothers charged with hazing pledges
- Nude photos of Penn Hills High School students spur investigation
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Port Authority of Allegheny County plans transit schedule changes