Photo gallery: End of Summer Concert and Picnic at Children's Hospital
Patients and their families got a free picnic and concert Sunday at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville.
The annual End of Summer Concert and Picnic capped a year of family events sponsored by First Niagara bank at the hospital. Bank employees volunteered at the party.
The Music Smiles program of The Sonny Pugar Memorial — named for a local musician who died of cancer in 2004 — provides music from the Rhythms of Life Band each year. Music Smiles also sponsors performances at other hospitals and the monthly parents' night out at Children's.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police looking for man who sexually assaulted Squirrel Hill woman
- Pittsburgh’s North Shore traffic gets critical look
- 30 federal prisoners in W.Pa. on list for early release; 27 in Pittsburgh
- Former employee at Plum home-building firm charged with embezzling nearly $200K
- Pittsburgh to gauge level of city contracts going to minority, women-, veteran-owned businesses
- Newsmaker: Dr. Wendie Berg
- Pittsburgh considering legislation to ban drone activity from city parks, playgrounds
- $9M sought to finish turning Penn Circle in Pittsburgh to two-way streets
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission meeting on plans for work on area near Pittsburgh short on details
- Friends say Baldwin Borough couple in murder-suicide was depressed
- Authorities identify man whose body was pulled from Monongahela River