Photo gallery: End of Summer Concert and Picnic at Children's Hospital
Patients and their families got a free picnic and concert Sunday at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville.
The annual End of Summer Concert and Picnic capped a year of family events sponsored by First Niagara bank at the hospital. Bank employees volunteered at the party.
The Music Smiles program of The Sonny Pugar Memorial — named for a local musician who died of cancer in 2004 — provides music from the Rhythms of Life Band each year. Music Smiles also sponsors performances at other hospitals and the monthly parents' night out at Children's.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pgh. International leader strives to inject Pittsburgh flavor into airport
- Owner of Penn Hills tombstone business pleads guilty to swindling the bereaved out of $90K
- Groups seek $2.5M for North Side’s historic West Park fountain
- ‘Swing Night’ has feel of Prohibition-era dance hall
- Fire reported at recycling facility in Braddock
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Ramp projects across Western Pennsylvania to start this week
- Man shot in Hill District
- Brookline 12-year-old crashes mother’s car
- No injuries reported in Holy Family Manor fire in Ross
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Speck device monitors indoor pollution