Photo gallery: End of Summer Concert and Picnic at Children's Hospital
Patients and their families got a free picnic and concert Sunday at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville.
The annual End of Summer Concert and Picnic capped a year of family events sponsored by First Niagara bank at the hospital. Bank employees volunteered at the party.
The Music Smiles program of The Sonny Pugar Memorial — named for a local musician who died of cancer in 2004 — provides music from the Rhythms of Life Band each year. Music Smiles also sponsors performances at other hospitals and the monthly parents' night out at Children's.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thrival concert event moves from Bakery Square to LTV site in Hazelwood
- Derry boy recovering at home after high-profile intestinal transplant
- Developers share their vision for Garden Theater block on North Side
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Fugitive arrested at Plum motel on drug, gun charges
- Strip District, Shadyside startups headed to White House
- New interim director to take over VA regional office in Pittsburgh
- Allegheny County will spray for mosquitoes Wednesday night in Munhall and Homestead
- Man accused of killing Brookline woman denied bail