Photo gallery: End of Summer Concert and Picnic at Children's Hospital
Patients and their families got a free picnic and concert Sunday at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville.
The annual End of Summer Concert and Picnic capped a year of family events sponsored by First Niagara bank at the hospital. Bank employees volunteered at the party.
The Music Smiles program of The Sonny Pugar Memorial — named for a local musician who died of cancer in 2004 — provides music from the Rhythms of Life Band each year. Music Smiles also sponsors performances at other hospitals and the monthly parents' night out at Children's.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for Allegheny, Westmoreland counties
- Obama faces bipartisan criticism over his foreign policy
- White House threat sparks call for wider immigration debate
- Pittsburgh proposes to create position of park ranger
- August Wilson Center’s financial woes leave little guys in a lurch
- Lawrence County homeless shelter to pay $5,000 and allow service animals
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7