Newsmaker: Jason Scibek
Noteworthy: Duquesne University named Scibek as chair of the Department of Athletic Training in the John G. Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Wife, Robin.
Occupation: Associate professor of athletic training at Duquesne University.
Background: Scibek joined the Duquesne staff in 2006. His areas of specialty are orthopedic injury evaluation, therapeutic modalities and biomechanics. Courses he has taught include human anatomy, kinesiology and functional biomechanics, athletic injury evaluation and exercise physiology.
Education: Bachelor's degree in health and exercise science, Gettysburg College; master's degree in sports medicine, University of North Carolina; doctorate in kinesiology, University of Michigan.
Quote: “It's both an honor and a new and exciting challenge for me. The program here at Duquesne has a long-standing tradition of producing high-quality athletic trainers. Just coming here eight years ago was an honor. Now I get an opportunity to lead this department to new heights.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Charges officially dropped against Leon Ford, who is recovering from surgery
- WVa natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Grandview development plan inches ahead in Mt. Washington
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Project to End Human Trafficking volunteers help Uganda
- Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh nearly doubles goal with $230M pledged in largest fundraiser
- Developer wants to keep historic atom smasher in Forest Hills
- Flood victims’ family to receive $1.5M in damages
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites