Newsmaker: Jason Scibek
Noteworthy: Duquesne University named Scibek as chair of the Department of Athletic Training in the John G. Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Wife, Robin.
Occupation: Associate professor of athletic training at Duquesne University.
Background: Scibek joined the Duquesne staff in 2006. His areas of specialty are orthopedic injury evaluation, therapeutic modalities and biomechanics. Courses he has taught include human anatomy, kinesiology and functional biomechanics, athletic injury evaluation and exercise physiology.
Education: Bachelor's degree in health and exercise science, Gettysburg College; master's degree in sports medicine, University of North Carolina; doctorate in kinesiology, University of Michigan.
Quote: “It's both an honor and a new and exciting challenge for me. The program here at Duquesne has a long-standing tradition of producing high-quality athletic trainers. Just coming here eight years ago was an honor. Now I get an opportunity to lead this department to new heights.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former youth volunteer facing federal child pornography charges
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Cybersecurity experts warn Pittsburgh conference about dangers of hacking
- Water main break leaves Millvale dry for several hours
- WVU frat brothers charged with hazing pledges
- Slain FBI agent Dixon’s legacy lives on in Pittsburgh Field Office, 10K race fundraiser
- District judge who performed state’s first same-sex wedding looks higher
- Putty could revolutionize how broken bones mend
- Port Authority of Allegheny County plans transit schedule changes