Newsmaker: Jason Scibek
Noteworthy: Duquesne University named Scibek as chair of the Department of Athletic Training in the John G. Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Wife, Robin.
Occupation: Associate professor of athletic training at Duquesne University.
Background: Scibek joined the Duquesne staff in 2006. His areas of specialty are orthopedic injury evaluation, therapeutic modalities and biomechanics. Courses he has taught include human anatomy, kinesiology and functional biomechanics, athletic injury evaluation and exercise physiology.
Education: Bachelor's degree in health and exercise science, Gettysburg College; master's degree in sports medicine, University of North Carolina; doctorate in kinesiology, University of Michigan.
Quote: “It's both an honor and a new and exciting challenge for me. The program here at Duquesne has a long-standing tradition of producing high-quality athletic trainers. Just coming here eight years ago was an honor. Now I get an opportunity to lead this department to new heights.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Loose barges on the Mon highlight woes of winter’s end
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Police looking for man they say assaulted a 13-year-old girl
- Drilling group says Wolf overestimates expected tax revenue
- Pittsburgh has enough salt despite delivery refusal on Thursday, official says
- Man sentenced to 71/2 to 15 years for Allegheny County burglary spree
- 14 more arrested in connection with drug trafficking ring
- Man accused of accepting bribes to lie about defendants’ drug tests will stand trial
- Roadwork detailed for Pittsburgh’s East Ohio Street
- 4 World War II veterans from Western Pa. honored by French government