Newsmaker: Jason Scibek
Noteworthy: Duquesne University named Scibek as chair of the Department of Athletic Training in the John G. Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Wife, Robin.
Occupation: Associate professor of athletic training at Duquesne University.
Background: Scibek joined the Duquesne staff in 2006. His areas of specialty are orthopedic injury evaluation, therapeutic modalities and biomechanics. Courses he has taught include human anatomy, kinesiology and functional biomechanics, athletic injury evaluation and exercise physiology.
Education: Bachelor's degree in health and exercise science, Gettysburg College; master's degree in sports medicine, University of North Carolina; doctorate in kinesiology, University of Michigan.
Quote: “It's both an honor and a new and exciting challenge for me. The program here at Duquesne has a long-standing tradition of producing high-quality athletic trainers. Just coming here eight years ago was an honor. Now I get an opportunity to lead this department to new heights.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships