What's open, what's closed on Labor Day
Federal, state, county and city offices and courts close on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Port Authority bus, “T” and incline service operate on a holiday schedule. Around 30 bus routes will detour around parts of Downtown for the Labor Day parade, which begins at 10 a.m.
Port Authority's customer service line, 412-442-2000, will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Downtown service center is closed and the Twitter account is not being staffed.
Pittsburgh trash collection is pushed back a day for the week. Weather permitting, Monday is the last day the city's six outdoor swimming pools are open. The city's 10 recreation centers and 14 senior centers are closed.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers are closed but PennDOT online services will be available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Transplant patients in limbo over coverage under UPMC-Highmark pact
- Fitzgerald stacks legislative wins as Allegheny council members struggle
- Revised anti-nepotism policy lets Allegheny County judges keep family in jobs
- Bucar grilled by City Council, likely to win approval as public safety chief
- United States proposes tougher rules for moving crude oil, ethanol by rail
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Newsmakers: Miriam Klein, Amy Kerr
- $24M water filter project at Aspinwall treatment plant nears kickoff
- Motive remains unclear in slaying of Kennedy Township man
- Crisis of children seeps into Pittsburgh
- Hydro Green Energy wants to build hydroelectric plant on Monongahela River