What's open, what's closed on Labor Day
Federal, state, county and city offices and courts close on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Port Authority bus, “T” and incline service operate on a holiday schedule. Around 30 bus routes will detour around parts of Downtown for the Labor Day parade, which begins at 10 a.m.
Port Authority's customer service line, 412-442-2000, will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Downtown service center is closed and the Twitter account is not being staffed.
Pittsburgh trash collection is pushed back a day for the week. Weather permitting, Monday is the last day the city's six outdoor swimming pools are open. The city's 10 recreation centers and 14 senior centers are closed.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers are closed but PennDOT online services will be available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Scaife additions to elevate status of two museums
- Outbound lanes of Fort Pitt Tunnel close Friday for the weekend
- CCAC president looks to fill educational niche in burgeoning restaurant industry
- School choice tax credit expansion bill touted
- On the horizon: PNC’s $400M tower nears completion
- Officials break ground on Civic Arena redevelopment project
- Man charged with trespassing on FBI’s South Side property
- Roberto Clemente Bridge closes for construction of bike lanes