What's open, what's closed on Labor Day
Federal, state, county and city offices and courts close on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Port Authority bus, “T” and incline service operate on a holiday schedule. Around 30 bus routes will detour around parts of Downtown for the Labor Day parade, which begins at 10 a.m.
Port Authority's customer service line, 412-442-2000, will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Downtown service center is closed and the Twitter account is not being staffed.
Pittsburgh trash collection is pushed back a day for the week. Weather permitting, Monday is the last day the city's six outdoor swimming pools are open. The city's 10 recreation centers and 14 senior centers are closed.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers are closed but PennDOT online services will be available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Police arrest 3 in Lincoln-Lemington following shooting
- Police detain 3 juveniles they think are connected to anonymous online school threat
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues
- Vigil honors 6 homeless who died in Pittsburgh in 2014
- Alliance aims to transform vacant parcel in St. Clair to include townhouses, urban farming
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Garfield residents plan rally over Bottom Dollar site
- Pittsburgh’s Hill District revitalization project hits financial hurdle in TIF
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Man shot in Allentown home