Newsmaker: Dr. Rachel Berger
Noteworthy: Berger was appointed chief of the Child Advocacy Center at Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Husband, Adam; sons, Jonah and Aaron; daughter, Gabriela
Occupation: Pediatrician and associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. She is the director of Child Abuse Research at the Safar Center for Resuscitation Research at Pitt.
Background: Berger joined the Child Advocacy Center in 2001. The center evaluates children and adolescents who may be victims of physical or sexual abuse or neglect.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry from Harvard University; she completed her medical training at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons and has a master's degree in public health from the University of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “People are in this field because we want to change the lives of children.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 30 cited for blocking street at union rally
- Oakland eatery Fuel & Fuddle to reopen under new owners
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Duquesne teen to stand trial on charges he shot, killed unborn child
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Giant Eagle provides assistance to fight proposed Wal-Mart in McCandless
- Peduto says city dropped UPMC lawsuit to help nonprofit payment talks
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Corbett christens $960K bus shelter, bicycle station in Robinson
- Detour on Bower Hill Road to end Friday
- Most back Holy Family’s plan to house children who crossed border