Newsmaker: Dr. Rachel Berger
Noteworthy: Berger was appointed chief of the Child Advocacy Center at Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Husband, Adam; sons, Jonah and Aaron; daughter, Gabriela
Occupation: Pediatrician and associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. She is the director of Child Abuse Research at the Safar Center for Resuscitation Research at Pitt.
Background: Berger joined the Child Advocacy Center in 2001. The center evaluates children and adolescents who may be victims of physical or sexual abuse or neglect.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry from Harvard University; she completed her medical training at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons and has a master's degree in public health from the University of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “People are in this field because we want to change the lives of children.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat