Newsmaker: Dr. Rachel Berger
Noteworthy: Berger was appointed chief of the Child Advocacy Center at Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Husband, Adam; sons, Jonah and Aaron; daughter, Gabriela
Occupation: Pediatrician and associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. She is the director of Child Abuse Research at the Safar Center for Resuscitation Research at Pitt.
Background: Berger joined the Child Advocacy Center in 2001. The center evaluates children and adolescents who may be victims of physical or sexual abuse or neglect.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry from Harvard University; she completed her medical training at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons and has a master's degree in public health from the University of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “People are in this field because we want to change the lives of children.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shell, Center water authority reach agreement on relocating water source
- Friends say Baldwin Borough couple in murder-suicide was depressed
- Road crews are dealing with oil and sealant spills on roadways
- Authorities identify McKeesport man whose body was found in Yough River
- Fans connect with their beloved Buccos through homemade signs
- Philadelphia murder suspect nabbed in Braddock
- Witness tells jury about fatal McKeesport shooting
- Canon-McMillan drops U.S. Postal Service from condemnation action
- 2 men arrested at UPMC McKeesport on charges of endangering teens
- $20M bond issue could cost cash-strapped Penn Hills School District $6.6M in interest
- Roads to close on Pittsburgh’s North Side this weekend