Newsmaker: Howard Stern
Noteworthy: Named co-director of Carlow University's master's program in business administration.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Wife, Rhonda Wasserman; sons, Eric, 20, Scott, 20, and Benny, 18.
Education: University of Pittsburgh, 1981, political science; 1983, master of public administration; 1993, master of information sciences; West Virginia University, 2006, Ph.D. in public policy.
Quote: “We're excited about developing the MBA program to its fullest. We really want the students to be marketable for the future, and we want them to apply (their education) in an ethical and meaningful way.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Embattled VFW mulls image among declining numbers
- Pittsburgh Public evacuates 3 schools after voicemail threat
- Jailed ex-officer could cost Pittsburgh $135K
- Fees, interest mount over August Wilson site, Dollar claims
- Preparation for drilling closes one lane of Thompson Run Road in Ross
- Marshals make arrest in fatal Strip District shooting
- Western Pa. colleges to emphasize curricula for energy, industrial fields
- State awards 6 Western Pennsylvania schools mentoring grants
- Allegheny County Controller to audit take-home vehicle usage