Newsmaker: Sean Gibson
Noteworthy: Pittsburgh City Council honored Gibson with a proclamation for his work with the Josh Gibson Foundation, which provides athletics and scholarships to inner city youth. Council declared Sept. 10 as Sean Gibson and the Josh Gibson Foundation Day. Gibson's great-grandfather was the late Negro League legend Josh Gibson, a Pittsburgh native and member of the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame.
Residence: North Fayette
Background: Gibson has served as executive director of the Josh Gibson Foundation since 1995.
Education: Gibson is a 1987 graduate of Langley High School and a 1995 graduate of Edinboro University, where he earned a bachelor's degree in criminal justice. He played basketball for Robert Morris University and Edinboro.
Quote: “We buried my grandfather, Josh Gibson Jr., on Sept. 10, 2003. What a great way to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of his death by awarding a proclamation to the foundation that he founded in 1999.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Public servants honored in Pittsburgh for extraordinary responses
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Curry Hollow Shopping Center has buyer
- 15206Project finds goals for rain
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Review: Tortelier’s golden touch full of personality, grandeur
- Howard Hanna family donates $1M for business student scholarships at University of Pittsburgh
- Film Office announces two Downtown road closures Monday
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating