Unidentified man found dead on Oakmont hillside
The body of a man believed to be in his 50s was found on a wooded hillside in Oakmont.
Passers-by found the unidentified man at the south end of Allegheny Avenue near Plum Creek at 3:50 p.m. Saturday, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
Officials had no other information about the man. An autopsy is pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- $5M Penn Avenue reconstruction project is ‘killing everything’
- Pittsburgh spends $11,701 for police to patrol bike lane, mostly on overtime pay
- Allegheny authority bends limits on free tickets for pro sporting events
- Police: Estranged husband fatally shot by woman’s boyfriend after break-in attempt in Esplen
- Jury acquits Stowe man of charges related to bar shooting
- Duquesne Club seeks permission from city to keep 4 rooftop bee hives
- Controller recommends hiring to reduce 911 center overtime
- Former Pennsylvania civil rights investigator from Penn Hills sues agency, alleges discrimination
- Peduto hopes to reach contribution deal with nonprofits by year’s end
- Threat at Sheraden school a ‘student hoax’
- North Side’s National Aviary hosts 150 species of birds