Unidentified man found dead on Oakmont hillside
The body of a man believed to be in his 50s was found on a wooded hillside in Oakmont.
Passers-by found the unidentified man at the south end of Allegheny Avenue near Plum Creek at 3:50 p.m. Saturday, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
Officials had no other information about the man. An autopsy is pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thief’s attorney blames Rivers Casino; judge isn’t swayed
- Fugitive arrested at Plum motel on drug, gun charges
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Boy Scouts’ end to ban on gay leaders unnerves religious groups
- Projects advance through Pittsburgh planning commission despite opposition
- 2 firefighters injured in Millvale house fire
- Water pipes break in succession in Carnegie, Heidelberg, Rosslyn Farms
- City, ex-manager of Pittsburgh police Office of Personnel and Finance reach settlement
- ‘Turf battle’ blamed in fights that canceled Carrick church festival
- W.Va. authorities charge 87 with drug trafficking
- Man shot several times in Allentown neighborhood