Unidentified man found dead on Oakmont hillside
The body of a man believed to be in his 50s was found on a wooded hillside in Oakmont.
Passers-by found the unidentified man at the south end of Allegheny Avenue near Plum Creek at 3:50 p.m. Saturday, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
Officials had no other information about the man. An autopsy is pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s donates bits of history
- Siblings sue over gas rights in Jefferson Hills land parcel
- Upper St. Clair lifeguard ordered to stand trial for rape of female lifeguard
- Bishop Zubik visits Mooncrest Community Center
- North Hills transit service limits lamented
- Founder of Operation Safety Net in Pittsburgh named one of CNN’s 2015 Top 10 Heroes
- Newsmaker: Rudolph ‘Rudy’ Zupancic
- Former Pittsburgh mayoral candidate sentenced to prison for bogus 911 calls
- Allegheny County Sheriff’s deputies apprehend one of county’s ‘most wanted fugitives’
- Pittsburgh’s North Shore traffic gets critical look
- 30 federal prisoners in W.Pa. on list for early release; 27 in Pittsburgh