Post-nuptial brawl to end up in court
By Deborah Deasy
Published: Monday, Sept. 16, 2013, 10:57 p.m.
A North Hills man is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday on charges stemming from a post-wedding brawl in Hampton Community Center.
Hampton police charged wedding guest Jason Michael Davies, 47, of Ingomar with aggravated assault, simple assault, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, public drunkenness and reckless endangerment in connection with the Sept. 7 incident. He is free on $10,000 bail.
Davies' preliminary hearing is set for 1 p.m. before West Deer District Justice Suzanne Blaschak.
Police responded to a fight about 11 p.m. during a party. The brawlers caused “well over several thousand dollars in damages” to the community center, said Township Manager Chris Lochner. He said the borough might add security cameras and require a police officer at nuptials there.
The names of the people who rented the center, and the bride and groom, were not available.
Deborah Deasy is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-772-6369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across United States
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- District attorney’s office takes paperwork from Wilkinsburg Middle School
- Leader guided changes at Robert Morris
- Crisis nursery in Larimer will fill a need, founders believe
- Orphanage shaped values of California judge, a Bishop Canevin graduate
- Would-be drillers quizzed by Allegheny County Council committee
- Moon school hiring under fire
- Woman charged in Schuylkill County stabbing death