Newsmaker: Jan Levine
Noteworthy: Levine will receive the Thomas F. Blackwell Memorial Award for outstanding achievement in legal writing. The award is presented annually by the Association of Legal Writing Directors and the Legal Writing Institute. He'll receive the award in New York on Jan. 3.
Family: Wife, Doreen Regan, and adult son, Evan Regan-Levine.
Occupation: Associate professor and director of legal research and writing at Duquesne University Law School since 2007. He has taught at the Temple University Law School for 11 years; was on the faculty of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, for four years, and the University of Virginia for six years. He practiced law in the Boston area for eight years.
Background: Under Levine's leadership, the legal research and writing program at Duquesne's law school has become one of the top programs in the country, said Dean Ken Gormley.
Education: Bachelor's degree in sociology, State University of New York at Albany, 1975; law degree, Boston University, 1978.
Quote: “It was thrilling to be recognized by my colleagues across the country for the work I've done in the legal writing field over the past 28 years,” said Levine, who didn't know he was nominated until he received notice he'd won.
— John Oravecz
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square
- U.S. Marshals task force arrests homicide suspect in Monroeville
- Police seek help finding missing Squirrel Hill man
- $750K earmarked to help Allegheny County ‘Live Well’
- State lawmaker proposes changes to Penn State’s board of trustees
- Penn Hills votes to sell, lease vacant school space
- Allgheny County charter school students give more than $11K to assist homeless children
- Land eyed for trail connectors to expand Harrison Hills Park
- Witnesses recall scene of crash in Lincoln Place homicide by vehicle trial
- Lawsuit filed against PWSA for inaccurate billing from radio-controlled meter readers
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto returning from manufacturing trade mission to Cuba