Duquesne man dies after Homestead shooting
A Duquesne man died after being shot in Homestead early Sunday, an official with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Qaeed Braxton, 36, was shot at the intersection of Eighth Avenue and Amity Street at 12:34 a.m., Investigator Curtis Williams said.
Braxton was pronounced dead at 1:06 a.m. at UPMC Mercy, Williams said.
After an autopsy Sunday, the medical examiner's office ruled Braxton's death a homicide, caused by a gunshot wound to the back.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- August Wilson Center’s financial woes leave little guys in a lurch
- Despite PSU-Central Fla., Dubliners slow to embrace American football
- Police say Bloomfield man leashed dog with Xbox cord, injuring it
- Fire damages church’s roof in Pittsburgh’s Allentown section
- Allegheny County police union cool to park rangers plan
- Mild, mainly cloudy summer has kept smog levels at bay in W.Pa.
- Allegheny County Council’s motto plan expands
- Carnegie Mellon University picks architect for business school
- Former McCandless ice cream shop owner convicted of sex charges
- Carnegie on-ramp to I-376 to close Friday
- Uber and Lyft say they’ll rely on PennDOT inspections for safety