Duquesne man dies after Homestead shooting
A Duquesne man died after being shot in Homestead early Sunday, an official with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Qaeed Braxton, 36, was shot at the intersection of Eighth Avenue and Amity Street at 12:34 a.m., Investigator Curtis Williams said.
Braxton was pronounced dead at 1:06 a.m. at UPMC Mercy, Williams said.
After an autopsy Sunday, the medical examiner's office ruled Braxton's death a homicide, caused by a gunshot wound to the back.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Truck hits teen cyclist, goes over Brighton Heights hillside
- Pittsburgh schools chief Lane stepping down next summer
- West Jefferson Hills schools closed after bomb threat
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto: Public has stake in Penguins
- Belle Vernon woman visits ship like lander she helped build as WWII welder
- Pittsburgh Zoo staff caring for African lion suffering from seizure condition
- Embezzled $14.8M could cause woes for North Side firm Matthews International
- Gas cost, construction barrels coming down for Labor Day travelers
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Sto-Rox High School announces early dismissal because of heat