Description given of car linked with Pittsburgh shooting
Pittsburgh police are searching for a vehicle possibly involved in a shooting early Saturday in Oakland.
Officers were told to be on the lookout for a red Hyundai Sonata with a Pennsylvania license plate, and that the occupant should be considered armed, police said.
A 23-year-old man was shot in the cheek on Parkman Avenue about 3:30 a.m., police said, and managed to walk a few blocks to meet paramedics, who transported him to the hospital in critical but stable condition. Pittsburgh homicide detectives are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Muslim civil rights group seeks investigation into shooting of Pittsburgh taxi driver
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Package thefts can be prevented, police, experts say
- Newsmaker: Norman L. Bier
- Pet chiropractic more popular in Western Pa., but doubts linger
- Man surrenders after standoff in Middle Hill District
- Shooting of Pittsburgh cab driver spotlights risks of profession
- Downtown holiday parade festive, but weather dampens turnout
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Century Inn owner hopes to reopen Washington County landmark, gutted by fire, by end of next year
- Renovation planned for blighted homes in Garfield