Description given of car linked with Pittsburgh shooting
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013, 9:40 p.m.
Pittsburgh police are searching for a vehicle possibly involved in a shooting early Saturday in Oakland.
Officers were told to be on the lookout for a red Hyundai Sonata with a Pennsylvania license plate, and that the occupant should be considered armed, police said.
A 23-year-old man was shot in the cheek on Parkman Avenue about 3:30 a.m., police said, and managed to walk a few blocks to meet paramedics, who transported him to the hospital in critical but stable condition. Pittsburgh homicide detectives are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Newsmaker: Toni Silva
- Man found fatally shot in Larimer a mile away from Homewood peace march
- Officials ID Elizabeth Township man as West End train victim
- Everest avalanche kills 12 in peak’s deadliest climb
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation
- Work on tournament-class dek hockey rink in Bloomfield to begin
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across United States
- Attorney not permitted to speak about Deer Lakes Park drilling