Description given of car linked with Pittsburgh shooting
Pittsburgh police are searching for a vehicle possibly involved in a shooting early Saturday in Oakland.
Officers were told to be on the lookout for a red Hyundai Sonata with a Pennsylvania license plate, and that the occupant should be considered armed, police said.
A 23-year-old man was shot in the cheek on Parkman Avenue about 3:30 a.m., police said, and managed to walk a few blocks to meet paramedics, who transported him to the hospital in critical but stable condition. Pittsburgh homicide detectives are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pittsburgh considering legislation to ban drone activity from city parks, playgrounds
- Authorities identify man whose body was pulled from Monongahela River
- Sky’s not the limit: Pirate Parrot takes trip into Earth’s atmosphere
- 24-year-old man shot in the back in Mt. Oliver
- Former employee at Plum home-building firm charged with embezzling nearly $200K
- 3 arrested in connection with slaying of teenager in Knoxville
- Plum school board asks why tip line was removed from student handbook
- Ingram woman accused of bilking 80-year-old mother
- Fans connect with their beloved Pirates through homemade signs
- Shell, Center water authority reach agreement on relocating water source
- $9M sought to finish turning Penn Circle in Pittsburgh to two-way streets